- Spectacular Chicago skyline and riverfront views
- 381 guestrooms including 34 suites with riverfront and city views
- Hoyt's American Tavern with lofty 12-foot ceilings, a glass wall with streetscape views of the bustling downtown and patio dining
- Over 16,000 square feet of meeting and event space in 18 meeting rooms
- 24-hour fitness center
- Steps from iconic attractions including the Loop, Magnificent Mile, Millenium Park and more
- 30 minutes from Chicago O'Hare International Airport
Stay Safe with Sonesta
Learn about the hotel and available amenities for your upcoming stay.
Please note, for the health & safety of our guests and team members, Sonesta hotels require guests to wear face coverings in all indoor public areas.
- 381 guest rooms including 34 suites
- Luxurious bedding, Keurig coffee makers and other fine appointments
- Complimentary high-speed internet access
- Iron and ironing board, radio, flat-screen television
- Laptop-size electronic safe
- Barrier free and ADA compliant rooms available
Check-in time is 3:00PM. Check-out time is 11:00AM. Early check-in is by request only and not guaranteed. A valid credit card must be presented at check-in at all hotels. Late check-out must be coordinated with the hotel, as available. Should you wish to add an additional guest to your reservation please contact the front desk at 312.346.7100. Third-party payments will require a signed Credit Card Authorization form.
MINIMUM CHECK-IN AGE
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check into hotel.
Royal Sonesta Chicago is a non-smoking property.
Royal Sonesta Chicago is a dog-friendly hotel and accepts dogs 50 pounds or less, a maximum of two dogs. A non-refundable $100 cleaning fee applies. Please note dogs may not be left unattending in room.
NOTE: If extensive cleaning and repairs are necessary beyond the normal deep cleaning process, additional fees may be incurred
Dining and Entertainment
Not all of our outlets are operating and some may offer a limited menu or adjusted hours. Follow this link for more information.
Hoyt’s American Tavern, serving thoughtfully prepared fare with locally sourced ingredients, lofty 12-foot ceilings, a glass wall with streetscape views of the bustling downtown and patio dining
In-Room Dining - Enjoy a meal in the comfort of your own guestroom from Hoyt's Modern American Tavern
The fitness center is operating with limited hours, daily 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Stay on top of your workout and health routine even while traveling at our 24/7 fitness center. With cardio and strength training equipment you’ll feel relaxed and energized while enjoying terrific river views.
Self-parking is available at the Illinois Center located at 111 E Wacker Drive. Click here to reserve Touchless Parking and for 24 hour in-and-out privileges at this facility.
- Select from our 18 event rooms, including two ballrooms, which offer over 16,000 square feet of elegant and sophisticated meeting room space and can host 10 to 350 people in executive or elegant style
- Offer your meeting attendees a fabulous array of exceptional services and breathtaking views in a prime downtown location
- 39th Floor Penthouse Ballroom boasts 2100 sq.ft. with 360-degree views of the Chicago skyline and a 1600 sq.ft. outdoor terrace
- A dedicated convention services and catering team is available to handle all details
- The latest audiovisual equipment and services are available
Sonesta Travel Pass
Sonesta Travel Pass is our guest rewards program that gives you perks, points, privileges and exclusives on top of the warm, friendly service and little extras you'll find at any Sonesta — to make each stay even more rewarding.
Already a member?
Points of Interest
Royal Sonesta Chicago Riverfront is an upscale hotel located on the south bank of the Chicago River in The Loop neighborhood, with meeting rooms overlooking the river and the Chicago skyline. Just a half mile walk to Millennium Park and the lakeshore, 17.5 miles from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, and 12.5 miles from Midway International Airport, the Royal Sonesta Chicago Riverfront places you at the heart of the city’s famed urban vibe and cultural and architectural icons, including:
- Magnificent Mile
- Millennium Park
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Grant Park
- Cadillac Palace Theater
- Merchandise Mart
- Auditorium Theater
- Buckingham Fountain
- Navy Pier
- Willis Tower (former Sears Tower)
We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability.
- Check-in: 3:00 pm
- Check-out: 11:00 am
- Check-in Policy: Guests must be 21 years of age or older to check-in.
- Applicable taxes: 17.4%
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity: 110 volts
- Credit Cards accepted: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover
Royal Sonesta Hotel Chicago Riverfront
71 East Upper Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601