Who We Are
For more than 85 years, we have been welcoming guests to our hotels, supporting our employees and caring for our communities. With over 1200 locations, across 17 brands in eight countries, representing over 100,000 guest rooms worldwide. Welcome more guests and team members than ever before, remaining true to principles that have made our organization successful: providing unparalleled hospitality to everyone who walks through our doors, caring for one another, and earning the trust of the communities in which we operate and live.
Our People. Our Family.
Our industry is all about people, and our team members are passionate about respecting one another daily. We continuously strive to prioritize new ideas, share beliefs and backgrounds, allowing our employees to create deep connections with each other. We thrive when we grow and evolve continuing to enhance our guest experiences through our services and offerings:
- Supporting our Team: Putting employees first, through our excellent workplace culture, it’s a priority to make mentor programs, managed development workshops, job shadowing, and more to our employees
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: continuously practicing and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion through internal and external initiatives
- Career Development: providing extensive training and educational courses to all our team members
Our Community. Our Roots.
Our team members are passionate about giving back. From fighting hunger and supporting veterans, to working with local charities within our communities, our team members help make their communities more robust, thriving off our Culture of Caring mantra. With support from our corporate teams in Newton, MA, and Orlando, FL, we empower our hotels to:
- Partner and organize initiatives with community groups and local charities
- Supporting local businesses and artisans through guest stays exploring nearby attractions
- Sonesta’s Matching Program allows employees to support a local organization of their choosing
Protecting Our Planet.
We are committed to better understanding the impact our operations have on our world and local environments. At Sonesta, we want to understand current ESG trends affecting our company and stakeholders to provide the best services. To ensure this, we are implementing programs to:
- Climate Action and Strategy
- Reduce Energy Consumption and GHG Emissions
- Conserve Natural Resources and Reduce Landfill Waste
- Protect Biodiversity on Properties and within their Communities
- Embrace Green Building Projects and Infrastructure
Conducting Our Business Responsibly.
Our company is built on an unwavering commitment to ethics, integrity, and compliance; holding ourselves to a high standard while maintaining and earning the trust of our customers, guests, and owners. We also seek to minimize our reliance on suppliers and provide more transparency around business practices to ensure we are meeting our own high standards:
- Improve the environmental impact of our supply chain and ensure we are sourcing materials that are not produced by forced labor or exploitative practices
- Provide extensive training to all our team members
- Implement robust systems to maintain guest privacy and secure data infrastructure
- Report on our performance and seek external endorsements of our business practices with subject matter experts