Join our Culture of Caring!
Because of Sonesta’s Culture of Caring, Royal Sonesta Houston strives to provide more efficient and eco-friendly services. We have implemented several initiatives to reduce the environmental impact on our planet, and we are constantly looking for better ways, products and resources to further reduce our environmental impact.
- Each guest room has an individual climate control with a motion sensor that determines if the room is occupied.
- Air-conditioning and lights are controlled by a building automated system and turned off when meeting rooms are not in use.
- Motion sensor lights in front and back of house offices.
- To reduce water consumption we utilize low-flow faucets, shower-heads and toilets.
- Refillable shower dispensers for bath products in guest rooms.
- Newspapers provided on request.
- Guests have the option of reusing their bed linens and towels.
- Refurbish program for furniture and equipment.
- Paper, cardboard, grease, batteries and ink cartridges are all recycled.
- Use air filters with a minimum efficiency reporting value.
- Hotel is smoke free.
Food & Beverage:
- Focusing on sustainable, responsible and local sourcing.
- Hotel participates with Second Servings of Houston to provide excess food to charitable meal providers.
Click here to view the best practices and suggestions we have learned from our customers. Our team is eager to provide the additional assistance for you to execute.