Marry Me for Free
Calling all brides and grooms-to-be! Royal Sonesta Chicago Downtown is giving away a 100-person wedding reception through a special contest launching this Valentine’s Day — with a value of over $20,000. One lucky couple will win a wedding reception of their dreams at our beautiful, recently renovated riverfront hotel, located in the heart of downtown.
Yes, you read that correctly. We're giving away a classic Chicago wedding, complete with amazing views, spaces and culinary experiences. Do you dream of a day as big as your love? Here's what you need to do:
- Tell us the story of how you and your fiancé met and why you want to win a classic Chicago wedding.
- Email it to email@example.com.
- The more creative, the better! Up to five photos of the happy couple are welcome as well.
The contest ends at 10 a.m. CT on March 14 and the winner will be announced on or around March 31. Full terms and conditions can be viewed below.
An ideal venue for the perfect day, the winning couple will have their choice of our 39th-floor Penthouse Ballroom, with a 360-degree view of the city’s skyline, the Penthouse Terrace for an unforgettable outdoor sky-high setting, or the Grand Ballroom offering a sophisticated space for the grandest party. Included in the reception, the couple and their guests will enjoy extraordinary culinary offerings made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients, plus a cocktail bar package.
It's Your Love. And Our Passion. Happy writing!
Terms & Conditions
“Win Your Dream Wedding at Royal Sonesta Chicago Downtown” Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
1. Dates: The Promotion begins on Monday, February 14, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on Monday, March 14, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. CT (the “Promotion Period”)
2. Creating Your Entry: Submit, in writing, the story of how you and your fiancée met and why you want to win a classic Chicago wedding. Limit 500 words per entry. You may include, but are not required to include, up to five photographs with your written story. One Entry per couple. Your entry should be as detailed, creative and personalized as possible. Content must pertain to the submitting entrant(s). Email your Entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Entry in the Promotion: Go to Facebook or Instagram to learn how to participate. Follow the instructions to create and email your Entry. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per couple. If Sponsor is notified that any element of an Entry infringes upon the rights of another person, such Entry may be disqualified from the Promotion, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. No entrant will be eligible to receive a prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that Entry has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes and such entrant has complied with the terms of these Official Rules. By entering the Promotion, you warrant that (a) you are the copyright owner of your Entry; (b) you are giving Sponsor the right to post your Entry on its website and/or social media and other public websites where it maintains accounts and (c) you are granting the Sponsor a royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual and worldwide license to use and display the Entry and use all rights conveyed in connection with the Entry, as Sponsor deems appropriate without compensation of any kind, acknowledgement of or approvals by entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to request of any entrant proof in the form of a state issued document, the identities of the author of the Entry. Failure to provide requested proof will result in disqualification.
4. Entry requirements:
- Do not include any brand names or logos, other than those of Sponsor. In Sponsor’s sole determination, it has the right to edit or remove any potentially infringing content.
- Your Entry: (a) must not have been previously published; (b) must be suitable for general audiences (i.e., may not be obscene, indecent or offensive in any manner to any viewing audience) and (c) must not depict or in any way violate either the spirit or letter of any law or regulation.
- Your Entry must not depict Sponsor negatively.
- In Sponsor’s sole opinion, Sponsor may or may not accept an Entry as eligible which does not meet any of these requirements and/or which Sponsor deems negative, offensive or controversial, and such Entries may be disqualified.
5. Winner Selection: Judging: The official judges will select winners based on the following criteria – (a) originality, (b) overall appeal, and (c) connection with the city of Chicago.
6. Prize: One (1) prize winner (the “Winner”) for the Promotion Period that will receive the following prize (the “Prize”): a 100-person wedding at the Royal Sonesta Chicago Downtown, 71 Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60601 (the “Hotel), including: space for ceremony and 4-hour reception; food and beverage (open bar) for four hours, up to $165 per person, plus tax and service charges (additional guests, up to 80, can be included, at Winner’s expense, at full retail pricing); selection of a mutually agreeable evening choice of wedding date (except for the blackout date of New Year’s Eve 2022); one (1) complimentary five inch cake, to be chosen by Winner from one of three pre-determined designs. The prize has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to select the event space where the wedding will be held based on availability. THE APPROXIMATE VALUE OF THE PRIZE IS $20,000.00 USD. No cash alternative or prize substitution allowed, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged by the Winner. Any details of the Prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. PRIZE MUST BE ACCEPTED AND USED BY FEBRUARY 28, 2023.
Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use. Sponsor may report to the IRS (and to the Winner) the award of the Prize to the Winner using IRS Form 1099- MISC by January 31, 2023 or January 31, 2024 (whichever is applicable).
7. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Sonesta Chicago LLC. Sponsor address is: c/o Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, 255 Washington Street, Newton, Massachusetts 02458.
8. Facebook Disclaimers: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram.
9. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of Promotion registration. Employees, officers, directors and representatives of Sponsor, its affiliated entities, companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and any other company involved with the design, execution or production of this Promotion (collectively the “Promotion Entities”), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
10. Information About the Winner: Winner will be announced and posted on the Hotel’s Instagram and Facebook pages @royalsonestachicago. Winner also will be notified via the email with which the Entry was submitted.
11. Prizes: All prizes are subject to the restrictions set forth in these Official Rules. The winner is solely responsible for all expenses, costs, or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded. Limit one (1) prize per winner. Prizes are not transferable. No prize substitutions or cash alternatives are allowed except as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will comply with all income tax reporting obligations.
12. General: Potential winner will be contacted within approximately 1-2 weeks of winner selection by phone, e-mail, direct message, or announced (“Prize Notification”). The potential winner may be provided with an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law), (“Affidavit”). The Affidavit must be returned within five (5) days of provision of the document. In completing the Affidavit the potential winner may be required to provide his/her social security or tax ID number, which will be used solely for the purposes of Sponsor’s legal compliance in filing U.S. Tax Form 1099. Potential winner may also be required to send a copy of his/her passport, driver’s license, birth certificate or other appropriate documentation (acceptable to Sponsor) as proof of age and residency. Return of Prize Notification and/or the Affidavit as undeliverable will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Non-compliance with any of these requirements will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Promotion and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for any prize(s) and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, during any portion of this Promotion, for reasons beyond the Sponsor’s control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion, without liability and to the extent feasible, will determine winner and award prizes among entries received prior to cancellation or modification. Sponsor is not responsible for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays. Entries, which are incomplete, inaccurate, irregular, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, are void.
13. Release of Liability and Issues of Law: Right to Use Your Entry and Information About You: By submitting an Entry in the Promotion, you: (a) represent and warrant that your Entry is not previously published, and your Entry does not violate any publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party; (b) agree that upon selection as a winner of any prize, you agree that your Entry shall legally be considered a "work made for hire," with all rights therein, including, without limitation, the exclusive copyright, transferred to and being the property of Sponsor; (c) agree that upon selection as a winner of any prize, in the event your Entry is considered not to be a "work made for hire," you irrevocably assign to Sponsor all right, title, and interest in and to your Entry (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade; and (d) agree that by submitting an entry, you grant to Sponsor the right to sell and otherwise distribute your Entry on any of its websites or in any of its advertising and/or products without any compensation. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to Sponsor, with respect to all entries and all other submitted materials related to the Promotion, including those submitted by non-winners and winner.
14. Release: By participating, all entrants release Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Promotion, as well as Instagram and Facebook, from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this Promotion, acceptance or use of prizes. Entrants also agree that Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Promotion are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer related to or resulting from the Promotion, the Entries and/or its prizes. Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this promotion are not liable for damage to a user's computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant's participation in the Promotion or downloading of information in connection with the Promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Promotion in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Promotion becomes technically corrupted.
15. Choice of Law: All federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. MASSACHUSETTS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF MASSACHUSETTS SHALL GOVERN THE PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Promotion is void where restricted or prohibited by law.