Find & Book Hotels in New York State
Immerse yourself in the colorful seasons, iconic national landmarks, natural wonders, and historic sites of the state of New York with Sonesta. Conveniently located and thoughtfully designed, our hotels in New York State offer accommodation for every kind of traveler and budget. From upscale, downtown NYC experiences to affordable, suburban extended stays, find your ideal location, rates, and amenities at Sonesta.
Popular Hotels in New York State
Let us inspire your next adventure.
Featured Extended Stay Hotels in New York State
The Gardens Sonesta ES Suites New York
Located on an intimate, tree-lined street in the Upper East Side, this extended-stay hotel offers oversized, apartment-like suites and incredible outdoor spaces.View Property
Sonesta Simply Suites Nanuet
Our Nanuet extended-stay hotel offers large, cozy rooms with fully fitted kitchenettes, 24-hour gym, and other amenities and services designed to make you feel well-cared for.View Property
FAQs about New York Hotels
Yes, most Sonesta hotels in New York State are pet friendly and look forward to hosting your furry companion.
If you are planning to bring your pet on your adventure, visit our Pets Are Welcome at Sonesta (PAWS) page to learn more about our pet-friendly policy. Visit the hotel pages or contact our friendly staff for more information about your pet’s stay, including fees and amenities
Plan a romantic tour of New York State with Sonesta. Some of our most romantic hotels in the state include:
- The Benjamin Royal Sonesta exudes old-world Manhattan and sophisticated glamour
- The Shelburne Sonesta New York offers suites with Empire State Building views and full terraces, and a seasonal rooftop bar
- The Gardens Sonesta ES Suites New York is a charming extended stay hotel located on the Upper East Side on an intimate, tree-lined street
Just fifteen minutes from Westchester County Airport and a quick train ride from New York City, Sonesta White Plains Downtown is located in the heart of the historic White Plains. This calming retreat offers tastefully appointed guest rooms and 17,000 sq. ft. of event spaces ideal for weddings of any size.
Looking for guest accommodation in New York City? Enjoy exclusive discounts on group stays at The Benjamin Royal Sonesta, located just one mile from the iconic Time Square.
Yes, our New York State hotels participate in a variety of Sonesta offers and deals. Visit our Special Offers page to explore benefits and cost-saving opportunities.
The best time to visit New York State will depend on your interests and expectations of the trip.
- Springtime in New York can be chilly, but this is when the parks and gardens start to bloom—a beautiful time to visit if you are a nature lover.
- Summer is the peak tourist season and a great time to visit the beaches, go boating on the lakes, and attend outdoor festivals and events.
- Fall is picturesque in New York. The weather is cooler, but still comfortable for outdoor activities. This is also the time for apple picking and visiting pumpkin patches.
- Winter in New York can be cold and snowy, but it's also a magical time to visit. A snow-covered wonderland, the whole state is immersed in a festive spirit.
The state of New York has four seasons, however, the climate varies across its regions.
- Spring can be chilly, with average temperatures ranging from the 40s to the 60s Fahrenheit (5-20°C).
- Summer is generally warm and humid, with average temperatures ranging from the 70s to the 80s Fahrenheit (20-30°C).
- Fall can be cool and crisp in New York, with average temperatures ranging from the 40s to the 60s Fahrenheit (5-20°C).
- Winter is cold and snowy, with average temperatures ranging from the 20s to the 30s Fahrenheit (-5 to 0°C) in most areas.
When planning your visit to New York, we recommend checking the weather forecast for the cities and regions on your itinerary.