Tips for a Festive & Safe Mardi Gras
During the exciting season in New Orleans, when the streets are filled with revelers celebrating Mardi Gras, please remember to be safe and exercise some precautions. To help ensure your stay will be fun and hassle free, the NEW ORLEANS POLICE DEPARTMENT recommends the following tips:
- When you go out into a crowded area, it is always best to walk with a companion or group.
- Lock up valuables in the safe in your room or in the hotel vault located at the Front Desk.
- Avoid walking with hanging bags or purses with shoulder straps.
- Please do not throw any objects from the hotel balconies or windows.* City ordinances strictly prohibit this practice.*
- The NEW ORLEANS POLICE DEPARTMENT strictly enforces city ordinances prohibiting glass or metal containers on the streets. Please ask your bartender for a “go cup” (paper or plastic cup) if you plan on walking the streets with a drink in hand.
- The legal drinking age is 21, and it is strictly enforced. Please have you ID or drivers license on you at all times.
- Most importantly, be prepared to have the time of your life in New Orleans!