- This stylish and sophisticated AAA Four Diamond rated, resort-like hotel is located in the historic French Quarter on world famous Bourbon Street. Royal Sonesta New Orleans is a hub of authentic jazz, vibrant nightlife and refined southern design.
- Traditional gabled windows, rich colors and linens accented with fresh flowers, wrought-iron balconies, and a lush courtyard combine to create an experience unlike any other.
- 483 guest rooms including 36 suites, some with balconies, all with dramatic views of the French Quarter or tropical courtyard and featuring the latest amenities in comfort and convenience
- Five onsite Dining & Entertainment venues
- Located 16 miles from Louis Armstrong International Airport and steps from world-famous restaurants, shops and historic sites
- Outdoor heated pool, onsite covered parking garage with valet, concierge services and 24-hour fitness room
Stay Safe with Sonesta
Learn about the hotel and available amenities for your upcoming stay.
In accordance with the CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear face coverings in public areas. Face coverings are still required for individuals that are not fully vaccinated.
Your safety and health is our top priority. Based on our current housekeeping protocol, guests with a stay longer than 7 days will receive a full service cleaning of their guest room once per week. For additional services during your stay, we would be delighted to accommodate your needs and kindly request a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. In the meantime, for additional towels, coffee & tea, and other amenities, please contact the front desk.
Each of the 483 guest rooms offer views of vibrant French Quarter life, a stunning pool and patio terrace, or the lush tropical courtyard and fountain. All rooms are non-smoking and offer:
The hotel's 36 luxurious suites include the Governor's Suite, Senator's Suite, Ambassador's Suite, Bourbon Balcony Hospitality Suites and the exclusive Presidential Suite. Both barrier-free and ADA compliant rooms are available.
Check-in time is 4:00PM. Check-out time is 12:00PM. Early check-in is by request only and not guaranteed. A valid credit card must be presented at check-in at all hotels. As you arrive at the hotel, you'll find that we, like most hotels, collect a deposit for incidentals. This deposit is $50 per night per room, and any unused funds not applied to items such as parking or meals will be fully refunded upon departure. Please note that as the financial institutions process this credit, it can take from 7 to 10 days to apply back to your account. This is important to note for those using a debit card.
Late check-out must be coordinated with the hotel, as available. If you decide to leave earlier than your scheduled departure date, you will be charged an early departure fee of one night’s room rate, which will be assessed to any guest who departs prior to the date confirmed at check-in. The fee will be automatically posted to the guest folio, on or after departure. This fee will be waived only with 72-hour advance notice from departure date. Please contact the hotel if you have any questions.
MINIMUM CHECK-IN AGE
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check into hotel.
Smoking is not allowed indoors at Royal Sonesta New Orleans. Smoking is permitted on outside balconies, the courtyard and pool.
SPECIAL EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
Please note that during special events, a one night's deposit is required and a 30-day cancellation policy is in effect. Special Events include, but are not limited to: New Year's Eve, Sugar Bowl, Mardi Gras, Jazz Festival, Essence Festival, French Quarter Festival, Bayou Classic and all major citywide events.
Royal Sonesta New Orleans is a pet friendly hotel and accepts animals of less than 30 pounds. A non-refundable $75 fee, per stay, will be charged to your account upon check-in. Pet must be leashed whenever it leaves the room. Pet may not be left unattended at any time or left kenneled in your guest room
NOTE: If extensive cleaning and repairs are necessary beyond the normal deep cleaning process, additional fees may be incurred
- Restaurant R'evolution a collaboration of award-winning chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto, offering imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine for dinner Wednesday-Sunday nights and Bar R'evolution.
- Desire Oyster Bar offers casual street-side dining with local fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Enjoy fresh Gulf oysters chargrilled, on the half shell and more, and classic New Orleans' favorites and libations.
- PJ's Coffee Café offers freshly brewed local coffee, lite fare, gifts and sundries.
- The Jazz Playhouse presents live jazz, small plates and cocktails.
- Le Booze is your street-side whiskey destination serving cocktails & casual fare.
Enjoy our refreshing gym with all new, state-of-the-art LifeFitness cardio machines, built-in televisions, free weights, stretching area and strength machines.
Our outdoor pool is one of the largest pools in the French Quarter. We are proud to offer a chlorine chemical-free, freshwater, heated pool. This pool is perfect for taking a dip or getting in a workout.
- Swimming Pool | Open daily in season from 7:00 am until sundown
- Oasis Pool Bar | Open daily in season from 11:30 a.m. until sundown
Overnight valet parking is available onsite with unlimited in/out privileges (daily parking is also available).
- Over 20,000 square feet of flexible event space including 20 meeting rooms can accommodate up to 600 guests.
- The Grand Ballroom is 5,000 square feet and divisible into two sections. For additional meeting space and courtyard access, the Fleur De Lis Suite offers 1,800 square feet of intimate space for private functions. Bourbon Balcony Hospitality Suites can provide the perfect setting for guests planning a private gathering or small business meeting. Executive-level meetings can be conducted in the Board Room.
- The Business Center and Kiosk station located on the lobby level offers 24-hour accessibility for the business traveler on the road.
A dedicated convention services and catering team is available to handle all details. Audiovisual equipment and services are available.
Sonesta Travel Pass
Sonesta Travel Pass is our guest rewards program that gives you perks, points, privileges and exclusives on top of the warm, friendly service and little extras you'll find at any Sonesta — to make each stay even more rewarding.
Already a member?
Points of Interest
- Nearby attractions include: St. Louis Cathedral, Cabildo, Jackson Square, Aquarium of the Americas, Audubon Zoo, Mississippi River Cruises, Historic New Orleans Collection, Louisiana State Museum, Mardi Gras World, National WWII Museum, New Orleans Museum of Art, Historic Garden District, Woldenberg Park on the Riverfront, Audubon Butterfly Garden, Insectarium, Harrah’s Casino and much more
- The Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Smoothie King Center, The Orpheum Theater, Mahalia Jackson Theater, House of Blues, Preversation Hall, Civic Theater, and Saegner Theatre are all nearby venues
- Unique and eclectic art galleries as well as a variety of antique shops are located one block away on historic Royal Street
- The French Market, Outlet Collection at the Riverwalk, The Shops at Canal Place, and nearby Magazine Street all offer additional shopping
We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability
- Check-in: 4:00 p.m.
- Check-out: 12 noon
- Checking-in policy: Guests must be 21 years of age or older to check in
- 15.20% room tax
- 13.45% sales tax (or prevailing taxes)
- 1.75% statutory assessment
- $2/room/day occupancy fee
- Additional Hotels Guests In Room: minimum of $40 per person, per day, in excess of 2 people
- Credit Cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, JTB, and Diners Club are accepted
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity: 110-120V, 60Hz
AAA Inspector's Best of Housekeeping Award 2021 and 2020
Tripadvisor Traveler Choice "Best of the Best" Award 2021
The Stella Awards 2018 Winner
Winner of Conde Nast Traveler's 2018 Readers' Choice Awards. Named one of ConventionSouth's 2019 New & Renovated Award winners. Winner of 2019 ConventionSouth Readers’ Choice Award. Winner of 2016 and 2015 ConventionSouth Top New & Renovated Meeting Site Award. Winner of 2017 and 2018 Smart Meetings Platinum Choice Awards.
Winner of four Fodor's Best Awards in 2018: The Best Hotel Pools in New Orleans, 7 Best Hotel Restaurants in New Orleans and The Absolute Best Places to Stay in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, as well as the No. 1 ranking in The Best Hotels for Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties in New Orleans.
Named one of the Best Hotels in New Orleans by 2018 U.S. News and World Report Best Hotels Rankings. Named one of the 2018 Top Hot Spots for Winter Events by ConventionSouth. Kathy Mata selected to the 2018 "100 Women Who Inspire Us" list by Smart Meetings in the Trail Blazer category. Winner of the 2018 Gold Stella Award for Best Hotel/Resort in the Southeast category.
9-time winner of the Gold Key Award from Meeting & Conventions. 7-time winner of the AAA Four-Diamond award. 11-time winner of the Pinnacle Award by Successful Meetings. 6-time Winner of Excellence by Corporate & Incentive Travel.
Royal Sonesta New Orleans
300 Bourbon Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Tel: 504.586.0300 | Fax: 504.586.0335
Sales Tel: 504.553.2205 | Sales Fax: 504.586.0126