We’d like to start by thanking you for trusting us during these very challenging times. Like you, our entire team is anxiously awaiting our return to all the services and experiences but until that day comes, we want you to know we are committed to making the best of the current situation, and that we will do our very best to help you Stay Safe with Sonesta.
As part of Sonesta’s continuing commitment to health and safety, and following the guidance of CDC and other experts, Sonesta hotels require all guests and associates to wear masks in indoor, public areas.
Full Stay Safe with Sonesta program details can be found at Sonesta.com/staysafe, and below are highlights of how it is being implemented at our resort:
Requirements for Travel to Hawaii
Effective July 8, the State of Hawai‘i will eliminate its pre-travel testing/quarantine requirement for domestic travelers to Hawai‘i who have been fully vaccinated in the United States.
Travelers to Hawai‘i must upload their CDC issued vaccination record card to the state’s Safe Travels Program [travel.hawaii.gov] website and have that card with them upon arrival in the State of Hawai‘i.
Social Distancing & Contactless Experience
As outlined in the State of Hawaii's 15th COVID-19 emergency proclamation, all individuals are encouraged to wear face coverings over their noses and mouths when in public settings, unless while outdoors when physical distance of six feet from other individuals (who are not members of the same household/living unit/residence) can be maintained at all times.
An owner or operator of any business or operation shall refuse admission or service to any individual who fails to wear a face covering unless an exception applies under this section. Businesses or operations may adopt stricter protocols or requirements related to face coverings and face shields. Please see the State of Hawaii's website for additional information here and register with the state of Hawaii, here.
Signage is displayed throughout the resort to remind guests to maintain social distancing. Our guests will be provided table service at sanitized tables by our Hosts. Occupancy limits and seating capacities reductions in our restaurants will be in compliance with local and state mandates. Partitions installed at front desks. Plexiglass shields will be placed at restaurant hostess stand and bar areas.
All Bell/Valet services and self-parking options are now available.
View this video for Hawaii health & safety travel tips.
Enhanced Protocols & Housekeeping Services
In keeping with Stay Safe with Sonesta, we have made several enhancements to our cleaning practices throughout the resort and in guest rooms. These include:
- Enhanced Public Space Cleaning: Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection, particularly in areas with high traffic including restrooms, elevators, and escalators as well as provided more hand sanitizing stations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Staff members will wear PPE (e.g., face coverings, gloves, etc.) based on the activities they are performing and based on direction by the local authorities. Guests are encouraged to wear personal face coverings.
- Electrostatic Spraying: Utilizing enhanced technologies, including electrostatic sprayers with hospital-grade disinfectants, to support our already rigorous cleanliness protocols.
- Room Amenities: Guests can request contactless coffee delivery. Disinfectant wipes are available in the room for every arriving guest as well as upon request.
- Housekeeping: Your guest room is your sanctuary throughout your stay. As part of our commitment to you, we have deeply cleaned your room in preparation for your arrival. Unless you choose otherwise, we will not provide daily housekeeping service to maintain a contact-lite experience. If you have any requests, or would like us to service your room, we would be delighted to do so. Simply let us know when you will be leaving for the day, and we will do the rest. If you are staying with us a bit longer, we will automatically clean your guest room after every 6th night.
Property Amenities & Services
Fitness Center: Open 6 am – 9 pm, masks are always required.
Swimming Pool: Open 7 am – 10 pm. There is modified seating for social distancing. Face coverings are recommended, unless seated at your pool/beach chair or cabana, or while in the water. Maintaining 6 feet of social distance from individuals who are not members of your household/living unit/residence is required.
Kalapaki Beach: Open
Shuttle: available 24 hours, upon request
Bell/valet services available
Fitness and cultural classes available
Food & Beverage Offerings
Lamont's Sundry Store: 8 am – 8 pm, daily
Duke's Kauai: 11 am - 9pm, daily
Cafe Portofino: 12 pm – 8 pm, Monday - Sunday
Aupaka Terrace: 6 am – 10 am, daily
Kukui's On Kalapaki Beach:
Poolside Lunch 11 am – 4 pm, daily
Bar & Cocktail Service 11 am - 9 pm, daily
In-room dining: daily, 6 am - 11 am & 4 pm - 10 pm
Arrival & Check-In Information
We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful resort. To ensure a smooth arrival, please follow these steps.
Arrival: If you drive, all Bell/Valet services and self-parking options are now available.
Check-in: TransPacific travelers will be asked to validate their quarantine status using the Safe Travels QR code and associated valid picture ID for all guests in the room, ages 5 and over. State of Hawaii residents, whom have not traveled out of state in the last 14 days, will simply need to show a valid Hawaii State ID matching the address on the reservation. ***Until changes on July 8, 2021***
During your stay: If you are exempt from quarantine, please enjoy your stay and follow all current mask and social distancing mandates, both within the resort and while exploring our island home. If you are required to quarantine, you will be given a single use key, as you may only leave your room in the event of a medical emergency.
Please note modifications may occur due to State and County regulations. Subject to change. Click here for more information.