The Royal Sonesta New Orleans
Welcome to New Orleans
Located on world-famous Bourbon Street, The Royal Sonesta New Orleans effortlessly combines timeless elegance and southern refinement, setting itself apart from other French Quarter hotels. 483 guest rooms and suites, authentic hospitality, a Food is Art philosophy, wrought-iron balconies, and a lush courtyard creat...Read More +
Deals & Offers in New Orleans
Papa Noel Package
Holiday rates from $159 per night + Complimentary Parking
Cycle and Stay Package
Book your stay in the heart of the French Quarter and receive bike rentals from NOLA Cycles.
Tea Time With a Twist
Get your stay off to a royal start with a twinset of complimentary cocktails.
About our New Orleans Hotel
Luxurious Amenities, Maximum Convenience - It's all right here!
This stylish and sophisticated resort-like hotel located in the heart of the French Quarter on world-famous Bourbon Street is a hub of authentic jazz, vibrant nightlife and authentic hospitality creating an experience unlike any other. Relax in our lush courtyard and pool, indulge in our lively on-site food and beverage outlets, or stay on top of your heath routine at our 24-hour fitness center. All the joys and indulgences of an ultimate New Orleans experience are here.
- High-speed wireless Internet access in guest rooms, public space and meeting space
- Fitness Center: Stay on top of your workout and health routine even while traveling at our state-of-the-art fitness center, available 24-hours a day to our hotel guests. With the latest cardio, strength training equipment and pool, you'll feel relaxed and energized.
- Business Center: Guests with a room key have access to our business center – located next to the Front Desk – 24 hours a day. Our Business Center is self-serviced by credit card, and includes services such as: Wi-Fi connectivity, computer stations, printing, faxing, and photocopies. Learn more about Computer & Equipment Rental Services by The Royal Productions at www.royalproductions.com.
- Pool and Oasis Pool Bar: Take a dip or get a workout at our outdoor heated swimming pool and Oasis Pool Bar. (open seasonally) Our outdoor pool is one of the largest pools in the French Quarter. We are proud to offer a chlorine chemical-free, freshwater, heated pool.
- Swimming Pool | Open daily in season from 7:00 am until sundown
- Oasis Pool Bar | Open daily in season from 11:30 a.m. until sundown
- NOTE: The pool does not have a lifeguard on duty Children 16 and under need to be accompanied by an adult.
PAWS - Pets Are Welcome At Sonesta
We love your furry friends as much as you do. Sonesta is proud to invite your pets and provide special amenities like a comfy pet bed, bowls, waterproof mats, and treats at check-in. $75 fee per stay applies.
Room rates are subject to a daily Destination Fee of $19.00 (plus applicable taxes), which includes:
- 24/7 access to state-of-the-art fitness center
- Basic Wi-Fi for unlimited devices
- 2 bottled waters in-room upon arrival
- In-room coffee/tea offering
- $10 daily food & nonalcoholic beverage credit
- Local and domestic long-distance calls
- Exclusive access to indoor pool
We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability.
The following areas are accessible:
- Public entrance
- Route from the hotel’s public entrance to
- The registration area
- The accessible guest rooms
- The meeting room/ballroom area
- The fitness center
- The swimming pool
- The business center
- Concierge desk
- Public restroom
- Accessible parking spaces for vans and cars in self-parking facility
- Fitness center
- Swimming pool
- Business center
The following areas are not fully accessible:
- Registration desk
Additional accessibility information:
- Hotel provides assistive listening devices for meetings upon request
- Guest room TVs have closed captioning or closed caption decoders provided
- Hotel’s valet parking accepts vehicles specially outfitted for wheelchair users
- Hotel has a TTY for guest use
- Service animals are welcome
- Braille and tactile signage is provided for permanent rooms and spaces
- Hotel employees will read menus and other printed/visual information and provide verbal directions to locations in the hotel to guests who are blind/low vision
- Audio/visual fire alarms in common areas
Information About Accessible Guest Suites
Our hotel has the following accessible suite types:
- Mobility Accessible Deluxe King, Tub
- Mobility Accessible King Patio, Tub
- Mobility Accessible Two Doubles Patio, Tub
- Mobility Accessible Interior Balcony King, Tub
- Mobility Accessible Moderate Two Doubles, Roll-in Shower
- Mobility Accessible RClub Concierge King, Tub
- Mobility Accessible RClub Concierge Two Doubles, Roll-in Shower
- Mobility Accessible Junior Suite King, Roll-in Shower
- Mobility Accessible Junior Suite Two Queens, Tub
- Hearing Accessible Interior Balcony King
- Hearing Accessible Interior Balcony Two Doubles
- Hearing Accessible Interior Balcony Two Queens
- Hearing Accessible Deluxe King
- Hearing Accessible Deluxe Two Queens
- Hearing Accessible RClub Concierge Two Queens
Rooms designated as mobility accessible have features for guests with mobility disabilities, including, but not limited to:
- Doorways that provide 32” of clear width
- Roll-in shower or tub with grab bars (specific bathing fixture type is indicated for each room in the room name)
- Lowered light switches and thermostats
- Toilets with grab bars
- Accessible vanity
- Accessible route to all parts of the room
Rooms designated as hearing accessible have features for guests who are deaf or hard of hearing, including visual alarms and notification devices.
For general amenities associated with each suite type, please see our rooms page.
Please call us at 1.504.586.0300 should you have further questions about accessibility or email us at email@example.com.
Parking & Transportation
The Parking Garage is located at 700 Conti Street or 700 Bienville Street located between Conti and Bienville Streets.
Daily valet only parking available from $8-$45. Overnight guest parking is $53 plus tax per night per car.
*Rates do not include tax. Pricing is subject to change.
Taxi Cabs are available at the New Orleans International Airport on the lower level outside of Baggage Claim. Current rates are $36.00 for one or two persons and $15.00 per passenger for three or more people, each way. There may be additional charges for extra baggage. Ask the driver to deliver you to the Limousine Zone in our garage (only necessary after 5:00p.m.).
Helpful hints: Have the cab driver write his cab number on your receipt, just in case something is left in the taxi.
UBER & LYFT
Helpful hint: Use 300 Bourbon Street address, but after hours use 700 Conti or 700 Bienville Street address for access to our lower lobby.
All RTA streetcars are accessible on Canal Street, just 2 blocks from the hotel's entrance. Standard fare for a one-way trip on a streetcar is $1.25 per person. Children 2 years old and under ride free. Buy a Jazzy Pass to ride unlimited: $3.00 for 1 day, $8.00 for 3 days. Visit the RTA website for more information.
Current rates are $24 one way and $44 round trip per person. Three bags per person.
Airport Shuttle is the Official Ground Transportation Provider for the New Orleans International Airport. Service from the Airport is available on a continuous basis with vehicles departing approximately every 30 minutes to area Hotels (multiple stops). For Departure Reservations please call 504-522-3500 no later than 24 hours prior to your flight. Visit the Airport Shuttle Website for more information.
Helpful Hint: Book inbound and outbound transfers at the same time to save $2.00.
PRIVATE TRANSPORTATION & LIMOUSINES
Please call our Concierge at 504-553-2229 to assist with transportation options that include a town car, SUV, limousine and more. Helpful Hints: This is great for groups of 4 to 10 persons and not much more expensive than a taxicab.
The French Quarter is mostly one-way narrow streets. Vehicular traffic on Bourbon Street is stopped nightly at dusk allowing pedestrians more space to explore. Some trucks, buses and mini coaches are encourage to check ahead for alternate driving directions to accommodate your larger vehicle in the French Quarter.
When Bourbon Street is closed, easy entry to the hotel is by way of the hotel's underground Parking Garage located at 700 Conti Street or 700 Bienville Street (located between Royal and Bourbon Streets). The lower lobby is located on this level and leads to the main lobby.
*Please note that directions may change due to special events, traffic flow pattern changes.
The New Orleans Airport Shuttle drops off at the hotel's Conti Street entrance, 737 Conti Street.
The site of The Royal Sonesta New Orleans dates back to 1721 when French military engineer, Adrien de Pauger first laid out the city of New Orleans. Originally, houses, courtyards and carriageways occupied the 300 block of Bourbon Street. During the 19th Century, Bourbon Street became a thriving commercial district with everything from a costume shop to a winery. In 1890, the American Brewing Company purchased the winery and expanded the building to encompass an entire city block. Nearly 70 years later, the owners of the Sonesta brand at that time, the Sonnabends, were introduced to developer Lester Kabacoff and soon the site of the old brewery would be repurposed. In 1967, the Vieux Carre Commission approved plans to begin construction of what would become a landmark French Quarter hotel. Two years later, Royal Sonesta New Orleans opened its doors.
Initiated in the early 1960's, Sonesta's Art Collection is one of the first corporate hotel programs dedicated to original art by nationally and internationally-known artists. This group of works consists of more than 7,000 contemporary paintings, sculptures, original prints and tapestries by both emerging and established artists such as Frank Stella, Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, Sol Lewitt, Jan Dibbets, Malcolm Morley and Carl Palazzolo.
The works reflect the artist's vision, while illuminating some of the most significant movements in contemporary art, including Conceptual, Minimal and Pop Art. The works of art in The Royal Sonesta New Orleans are in our public spaces like the lobby and PJ's Coffee Cafe. Each work of art was carefully considered to create an aesthetically pleasing and meaningful statement. Many works have been specially commissioned for a particular space, in an effort to fully integrate the architecture and design of the hotel.
THE ROYAL SONESTA NEW ORLEANS
- 3x AAA Inspector's Best of Housekeeping Award (2020 – 2022)
- 2021 Tripadvisor Traveler’s Choice "Best of the Best" Award
- 7x AAA Four-Diamond award
- 2018 Stella Awards Winner
- 2018 Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers' Choice Awards
- 5x ConventionSouth Readers’ Choice Award (2017 – 2019, 2021 – 2022)
- 3x ConventionSouth Top New & Renovated Meeting Site Award (2015 – 2016, 2019)
- 2x Smart Meetings Platinum Choice Awards (2017 – 2018)
- Four Fodor's Best Awards in 2018:
- The Best Hotel Pools in New Orleans,
- 7 Best Hotel Restaurants in New Orleans
- The Absolute Best Places to Stay in New Orleans for Mardi Gras
- No. 1 ranking in The Best Hotels for Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties in New Orleans
- 2018 U.S. News and World Report Best Hotels Rankings One of the Best Hotels in New Orleans
- 2018 ConventionSouth Top Hot Spots for Winter Events
- 2018 Smart Meetings "100 Women Who Inspire Us" selected Kathy Mata
- 2018 Gold Stella Award for Best Hotel/Resort in the Southeast category
- 9x Gold Key Award from Meeting & Conventions
- 11x Pinnacle Award by Successful Meetings
- 6x Excellence by Corporate & Incentive Travel
THE JAZZ PLAYHOUSE
- 2022 Gambit “Best Places to See Burlesque Shows”
- 2x Where Y’at’s Best of the Big Easy Best Jazz Club Award (2021 – 2022)
- 2021 TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award
- 2019 Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence
- 2018 OpenTable’s 50 Best Southern Restaurants in America
- 2017 Wine Spectator Restaurant Award
DESIRE OYSTER BAR
- 2018 Annual United Way “Got Gumbo” Cook-off 1st place for “Best Seafood Gumbo” and “Best Exotic Gumbo”
- 2014 Annual United Way “Got Gumbo” Cook-off” Best Float” award
- 2011 New Orleans Oyster Festival’s Oyster Shucking Contest winner - Gus Marshal
PAWS - Pets Are Welcome At Sonesta
We love your furry friends as much as you do.
Sonesta is proud to invite your cuddly companions and provide special amenities like comfy pet beds, bowls, waterproof mats, and treats at check-in. We’ll greet your pet with an arrival letter outlining our local recommendations for a pawsome stay.
The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is pet-friendly and welcomes well-mannered pets, with no breed or weight restrictions. Up to two pets are permitted per suite.
$75 fee per stay applies.
Learn more about our pet policy here.
Dining & Entertainment
The Jazz Playhouse
Located on the lobby level just off the main entrance.
Play in the best live music jazz club in New Orleans showcasing the city's greatest jazz talent and your favorite cocktails and appetizers are presented in this luxurious, smoke-free venue. Due to limited seating, tickets are required for admission to The Jazz Playhouse. Book your tickets here.
Located on the lobby level across the courtyard for entry. Street entrance at 777 Bienville St.
Savor classic Creole and Cajun cuisine in a spectacular setting that blends antique architectural details of grand French Quarter homes with contemporary accents. Choose from five historically designed dining rooms that can be booked for private functions. Serving Dinner Wednesday-Sunday.
Enjoy chef-driven seasonal cocktails, extensive wine offerings from around the world and a specially created menu featuring highlights from the restaurant menu in a gas lantern-lit setting reminiscent of a mid-1800s French Quarter carriageway. View our menu here.
Desire Oyster Bar
Located on the lobby level at the corner of Bourbon & Bienville Street.
The design of this upbeat and casual dining venue tastefully blends traditional with contemporary. Desire features a raw oyster bar where expert shuckers prepare fresh Gulf oysters chargrilled, on the half shell and more. Our extensive menu includes signature dishes like our Fried Chicken & Waffles, award-winning Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Remoulade, po'boys and more. Come for oysters, stay for the menu! Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner Sunday-Thursday 7AM-10PM, Friday and Saturday 7AM-11PM.
Located on the lobby level through the courtyard on the right side of the carriageway.
Le Booze is ‘the’ Whiskey Destination on Bourbon Street. Front row to Bourbon Street and a favorite of locals, Le Booze offers cocktails and casual fare along with 60” TVs perfect for watching sporting events.
PJ's Coffee Cafe
Located on the lobby level.
PJ's Coffee Cafe proudly offers an array of specialty coffee drinks brewed with New Orleanians' favorite locally roasted coffee as well as light breakfast and lunch fare including freshly baked pastries, sandwiches, wraps and salads. If you are not in the mood for coffee, choose from our selection of iced beverages specialty sodas, beers and wines.
The Jazz Playhouse
It's Playtime. The Royal Sonesta New Orleans proudly presents The Jazz Playhouse, the best jazz club in town showcasing New Orleans greatest Jazz talents and serving originally crafted cocktails and appetizers inspired by New Orleans Jazz culture in a luxurious and intimate venue on the lobby level of the hotel.
You never know who might grace the stage on any given night at The Jazz Playhouse!
- Admission to The Jazz Playhouse is by purchased event ticket only due to limited seating. View our Upcoming Shows & Purchase Tickets http://jazzplayhouse.eventbrite.com
- Guests must be at least 21 years old to enjoy the show.
GROUP / PRIVATE EVENT REQUESTS
- Host your group function at The Jazz Playhouse! For groups or private event requests of 8-49 people please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504.553-2299 with your preferred date, number of attendees and any special requests!
- For buyouts or private events 50 people or more, please email email@example.com or call 504-553-2205 and a Catering Sales Manager will assist in planning your event.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Closed Monday & Tuesday
Wednesday: 4:00 - 10:30
Thursday: 4:00 - 10:30
Friday: 4:00 - 10:30
Saturday: 4:00 - 10:30
Sunday: 6:00 - 10:30
HOURS OF OPERATION
Closed Monday & Tuesday
Wednesday: 5:00 - 9:00
Thursday: 5:00 - 9:00
Friday: 5:00 - 10:00
Saturday: 5:00 - 10:00
Sunday: 5:00 - 9:00
Experience the History & Evolution of Food
Take one city steeped in tradition and fortified with a tenacious spirit. Combine it with a cross-cultural fusion of food and flavors built on the culinary history of seven nations that contributed to its unique flavor. Toss in two world-famous chefs with very different backgrounds, and what do you get? Restaurant R’evolution. Offering modern, imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine, Restaurant R’evolution opened in June 2012 at The Royal Sonesta New Orleans, in the heart of the city’s legendary French Quarter.
Wine Enthusiast Magazine ranks Restaurant R'evolution as one of their 100 Best Wine Restaurants.
Conde Nast Traveler says we're one of the top 70 new restaurants in the world and one of the hottest spots to eat in the American South!
Launching a Culinary R’evolution
According to Merriam-Webster, the word “revolution” is defined as “a fundamental change in the way of thinking about or visualizing something.” So, what does it mean to launch a culinary revolution in a city that prizes its gastronomic traditions above all? For our chefs , it meant taking to heart an age-old adage of Creole cooking: “First, begin with the roux.”
In that spirit, the chefs have immersed themselves in the foundations of Louisiana’s complex cuisine and its unique swampland culture.
They also delved into Louisiana history, exploring the significant culinary contributions of each of the seven primary nations that inhabited the state, bringing raw ingredients from their native countries and cross-pollinating with their gastronomic traditions. The result will be a fresh and contemporary translation of Cajun and Creole cuisine, using Louisiana’s raw ingredients and building upon the history and traditions that define New Orleans.
Restaurant R’evolution is located at 777 Bienville Street at The Royal Sonesta New Orleans, in the heart of the French Quarter.
Business casual, jacket preferred. Please no shorts, flip-flops or T-shirts.
PARKING & VALET
The Royal Sonesta garage, accessible from Bienville and Conti Streets. Discounted valet parking is available at the Bienville Street entrance or in The Royal Sonesta New Orleans Garage.
Desire Oyster Bar
Situated along world-famous Bourbon Street, Desire Oyster Bar offers diners one of the most authentic dining experiences in New Orleans. An iconic, Broadway style marquis sign lights up the entrance welcoming visitors and locals alike to grab a seat at the bar or a table and enjoy one of the signature delicacies of the Big Easy like never before.
Pull up a seat at the raw bar where expert shuckers prepare fresh Gulf oysters chargrilled, on the half shell and more.
Desire's interior design tastefully blends the property’s original, iconic aesthetics with modern design elements inspired by the architectural styles prevalent throughout the Vieux Carre.
Decorative iron grillwork paired with oversized windows and an antique mirror reveal the fully stocked bar and serve as the backdrop for Desire's bar. Signature features like the tin ceiling and black and white checkered floors give depth to a contemporary bar, highboy tables, and state of the art chargrill station. The color palette and design elements have been carefully curated to complement the existing materials while creating a fresh look for the restaurant.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Tuesday: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Thursday: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Friday: 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sunday: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Desire's menu features:
- Fresh Gulf Seafood
- Award-winning Gumbo
- Variety of Po’ boys
- Shrimp Omelet Etoufee
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Oysters: fried, chargrilled, or on the half shell
- Fried Chicken & Waffles
- Louisiana Crab Cakes
- Blackened Catfish Lafitte
- Shrimp Remoulade
Desire Oyster Bar is the perfect setting to enjoy a great meal in the center of all the action of the French Quarter.
Le Booze is ‘the’ Whiskey Destination on Bourbon Street
Front row to Bourbon Street and a favorite of locals, Le Booze offers cocktails and casual fare along with 60" TVs perfect for watching sporting events.
Kick back after work at Le Booze and enjoy your favorite cocktail with colleagues or gather friends for an early start to a night on the town - Enjoy drink specials and half-priced appetizers!!
HOURS OF OPERATION
Closed Monday & Tuesday
Wednesday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Thursday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday: Noon - 11:00 PM
Saturday: Noon - 11:00 PM
Sunday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
PJ's Coffee Cafe
A full service cafe located on our lobby level serving light breakfast fare as well as lunch and dinner options like sandwiches, salads and wraps.
In addition to an extensive array of hot and cold coffee drinks brewed with New Orleanians' favorite locally roasted coffee, PJ's serves an assortment of specialty soda, water, beer and wine.
Relax in comfortable seating, peruse newspapers or catch up on current events with our flat screen TV's in comfortable surroundings evoking classic New Orleans style with slate floors, wrought iron railings and a picturesque view of Bourbon Street. Free Wi-Fi is available in the cafe.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Open daily from 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Experience New Orleans
Forget business as usual. We want to make things a little unusual — in only the best way — by providing you with the space and amenities to mix things up. An ideal French Quarter location, sophisticated style, and Sonesta hospitality The Royal Sonesta New Orleans a wise choice for your next meeting or social event.
- Over 20,000 sq. ft. of event space
- 20 meeting rooms
- 483 guest rooms and suites
- Largest room at 5000 sq. ft.
- Max reception capacity: 600
- Max seated capacity: 540
The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the perfect venue for conferences, training sessions, meetings and events of all sizes. Contact the Sales and Catering Department for new group events or meeting inquiries at 504-553-2205 or firstname.lastname@example.orgExplore Venue Instant Book Venue Catering & Events Menu
Bourbon Balcony Hospitality Suite
Experience the VIP box seat on Bourbon Street with a Bourbon Balcony Hospitality Suite, a favorite for groups and hospitality functions located on the second and third floors of the hotel.
With French doors that open onto spacious, covered wrought iron balconies that face Bourbon, Conti, and Bienville Streets. Ranging from one to four bedrooms attached to a parlor, these coveted suites have built in bars and space for a reception accommodating from 10 to 175 people – with a bird’s eye view of one of the most storied streets in the world!
Our dedicated Catering Sales team and Executive Chef bring expertise and innovation to our hospitality suites. Please contact us to make your arrangements for this one of a kind experience!
For more information, please contact: Sales Office 504-553-2205 email@example.com
Our hospitality professionals look forward to extending a warm welcome to you and your guests!
Environmental Sustainability at The Royal Sonesta New Orleans
Join our Culture of Caring!
Because of Sonesta’s Culture of Caring, The Royal Sonesta New Orleans strives to provide more efficient and eco-friendly services. We have implemented several initiatives to reduce the environmental impact on our planet, and we are constantly looking for better ways, products and resources to further reduce our environmental impact.
- Meeting space options with natural light and outdoor space (courtyards).
- To reduce water consumption we utilize low-flow faucets, shower-heads and toilets.
- Refillable shower dispensers for bath products in guest rooms.
- Chemicals/Cleaning supplies are biodegradable and/or water-soluble.
- Newspapers provided on request.
- Guests have the option of reusing their bed linens and towels.
- Refurbish program for furniture and equipment.
- Paper, plastic, aluminum cans, cardboard, newspaper, grease, batteries and ink cartridges are all recycled.
- Meeting space options with natural light and outdoor space (courtyards).
- Each guest room has an individual climate control with a motion sensor that determines if the room is occupied.
- Air-conditioning and lights are controlled by a building automated system and turned off when meeting rooms are not in use.
- Motion sensor lights in front and back of house offices.
- Energy efficient demand control ventilation fan in the main kitchen reduces kitchen exhaust energy usage up to 50%.
- Use air filters with a minimum efficiency reporting value.
- Energy efficient light bulbs and electronic ballasts throughout the hotel.
- Hotel has re-vamped all lighting bulbs to LED, instead of energy efficient bulbs.
- VFD controlled pumps and fans.
- Deduct meters for the cooling tower and pool top up water.
- Using Latex based paint in place of oil-based paint.
- Hotel is smoke free.
Food & Beverage:
- Focusing on sustainable, responsible and local sourcing.
- Hotel and restaurants participate in the Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL), Louisiana’s oldest, statewide non-profit organization dedicated to coastal restoration. Our recycled oyster shells are used to restore oyster reefs and shoreline habitat across Coastal Louisiana.
- Culinary team participates in a composting program with Schmelly’s Dirt Farm and Local Cooling Farm.
- RTI Restaurant Technology oil system used fryer oil recycling.
- Recycling of pallets and milk carts.
Click here to view the best practices and suggestions we have learned from our customers. Our team is eager to provide the additional assistance for you to execute.
The Royal Sonesta New Orleans offers so much more than classic elegance. From authentic French Quarter courtyard, iconic wrought-iron balconies and outstanding food and service, to private rooms for bridal showers, brunches and teas—our hotel stands-out as a perfect spot for New Orleans destination weddings.
Our experienced staff will guarantee a memorable event and will coordinate as many of the arrangements as you would like. We can assist you with everything including engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, entertainment, transportation, photography, videography, and flowers. We can also arrange for massages, manicures, pedicures, and hair services before your ceremony.
Ready to plan your big day or wedding celebration? Contact the Sales and Catering Department to take a tour or for more information at 504-553-2205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Do Dazzling Venues
Photo credit Oscar Rajo Photography
Where a traditional lush courtyard, elegant venues and extraordinary offerings combine to create the perfect wedding venue.
Fleur de Lis Suite and Courtyard
Many of our couples plan their ceremonies in our tropical courtyard with their receptions in the luxurious Fleur-de-lis Suite-which affords an elegant backdrop with multiple options for photos. For centuries, courtyards have been among the most important aspects of any French Quarter property, as the architecture of the neighborhood prevents traditional lawns and gardens. To compensate, property owners dedicated a special part of their homes to become their private oasis where they could show off their green thumbs. The Royal Sonesta's courtyard is cared for by a full time horticulturist, and boasts a tranquil verdi gris fountain, lush ferns, bromeliads and greenery, 2 palm trees, and 4 orange trees.
Three rooms comprise the Fleur-de-lis Suite, including the Fleur-de-lis A, B, and C along with the Salon. The neutral colors, wall sconces and sparkling chandeliers of the Fleur-de-lis Suite provide an elegant glow for all occasions. The size and layout of the adjoining rooms offer a variety of different styles and decor. (The Courtyard and Fleur-de-lis Suite are best for weddings of up to 150 persons.)
Our beautiful Grand Ballroom can accommodate receptions up to 550 guests, or an elegant sit-down dinner for 300. The sparkling chandeliers offer romantic and flattering lighting that creates the perfect ambience and setting for your wedding.
The Evangeline Suite is perfect for receptions or sit-down dinners of 100 guests.
Acadia Suite & Terrace
The Acadia Suite overlooks the tropical courtyard and features access to a private terrace. The private terrace is available when you reserve all of the adjacent guest rooms -- please arrange this with our Wedding Specialist.
Just off the lobby and overlooking Bourbon Street, the Regal Suite is a perfect place for an intimate party. Featuring elegant tile floors and custom weathered bronze chandeliers, this space can accommodate a reception for 50.
Bourbon Balcony Hospitality Suite
Ask a Catering Sales Manager about our Bourbon Balcony Hospitality Suites for your Bachelor(ette) celebration, Engagement parties or other small social events between 50-150 people. Contact us at email@example.com and 504-553-2205
Ready to plan your big day or wedding celebration?
YOUR PERFECT DAY COMES WITH THE PERFECT GETAWAY!
With Sonesta Travel Pass, you have even more to look forward to beyond your wedding day: complimentary nights at your choice of Sonesta Hotels and Resorts. It's one more way Sonesta can help you celebrate with warm hospitality and personalized service. Book your wedding at The Royal Sonesta New Orleans and earn up to 150,000 bonus Travel Pass points!
- $15,000 in catering spend earn an extra 75,000 bonus points, for a total of 225,000 points.
- $25,000 catering spend earn an extra 120,000 bonus points, for a total of 270,000 points
- $50,000 catering spend earn an extra 250,000 bonus points, for a total of 400,000 points
Intimate or extraordinary, we'll help you create the perfect day
Whether you're dreaming of an intimate party or a magnificent ballroom gala for hundreds of guests, The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is prepared to deliver a wedding to remember.
Customized Menus & Wedding Packages
Dining experiences are always inspired by our destination. Browse our catering options or be in touch for personalized options! To create a customized menu for your wedding, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUTSTANDING CATERING OPTIONS
Our professional staff welcomes the opportunity to serve you with a unique, personal and creative touch. Our Executive Chef Jason Routzahn personally oversees the menu for your function, based on Sonesta's acclaimed Food is Art culinary experience.
CUSTOMIZED MENUS & WEDDING PACKAGES
To enhance your experience, we will customize any menus to your exact specifications. From custom-designed menus, to creative packages, we can make your vision a reality. We will accommodate all diet-related restrictions and requests, including any medical and/or religious considerations, with proper notification.
Looking for that one of a kind wedding cake? Look no further. In addition to our creative menus and food and beverage packages, our executive pastry chef can personally create the wedding cake of your dreams. Groom's cakes are also available.
Food Is Art Edible Artistry
At Sonesta, we excel at catering with our "Food is Art" philosophy. Our kitchen is well known for its incomparable cuisine, with specialty menu items, signature drinks, sumptuous buffet dinners, and creative hors d'oeuvres. Our dedicated catering professionals and executive chef will craft menus to insure every meal is delicious, remarkable, and artfully prepared. Your wedding will feature inspired and stunning creations that taste as outstanding as they look, with an overall presentation and service that is second to none.
Hotel Dining Options
We Do Inspiring Weddings
Photo credit Serendipity Studio
We love weddings and work hard to ensure our clients are happy!
"We are so impressed with The Royal Sonesta. They accommodated our every need. Everyone kept telling us we had the best reception ever. Our bridal attendant was wonderful. The night couldn't have gone more perfect... The Royal Sonesta is the place to go for your reception."
"Bonnie, everything was amazing!!! My hats off to the staff, starting with you! Please send our love to the chef, the housekeeping staff, and also Wayne who was our bellman he's truly outstanding! Our wedding weekend was picture perfect!"
- D'Angela, Bride
"We loved having our reception at The Royal Sonesta... The ballroom was recently re-done and it looks fabulous! [The staff was] so accommodating and went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and taken care of. My parents still rave how attentive the servers were and smooth the night went! Could not have picked a better locations :)."
- Michelle, Bride
"I can honestly say everyone in The Royal Sonesta, the parking attendants, bellman, concierge, front desk, sales, catering, and all of the staff at the wedding reception were phenomenally impressive! I have been bragging about The Royal Sonesta and the staff to many event planning and DMC cronies, and I will continue. Thank you so much to your amazing staff for making the wedding planning experience such a wonderful one."
- Nina, Bride
"You are true grace under pressure. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into making my sister's wedding beautiful. I had a ton of fun!"
- Irene, Sister of the Bride
"We can't thank you enough for all of your assistance in creating our perfect wedding. The food, the ambiance, and the service far exceeded our expectations and we are truly grateful for the hard work you put in to make our night flow seamlessly. I was more than happy with the way everything turned out. Thank you so much!"
- Christina, Bride
Plan your visit around these unique 'only in New Orleans' entertainment experiences at The Royal Sonesta New Orleans. Whether you're a local or a visiting guest, treat yourself to an exclusive, ticketed event such as a live music performance or a burlesque show, indulge at a special wine dinner, or when in season claim your all-access pass to the best pool party in town!
Enjoy the holidays in your pajamas at Restaurant R’evolution with Santa’s Pajama Party! Enjoy our special PJ Party Menu, house-made hot chocolate, and warm apple cider every weekend this December until Christmas in your most comfy outfit! For the kids, they can visit Santa and the Sugarplum Fairy Princess to deliver their wish list.
Book your tickets today HERE
The 53rd Annual Greasing of the Poles
The 53rd annual Greasing of the Poles will be held on Friday, February 17 beginning at 10am at The Royal Sonesta New Orleans, 300 Bourbon Street. Attendees are encouraged to arrive at least 1 hour prior to the event start. Our hotel originated the greasing of the building’s support poles as a practical means to deter overzealous revelers from shimmying up to the hotel’s coveted balcony space. Now considered the official kickoff of Mardi Gras weekend in the French Quarter, the Greasing of the Poles has become a time-honored carnival tradition. For the latest info, follow @royalsonestaNO on Facebook and Instagram.