Sonesta Travel Pass Frequently Asked Questions
General Program Questions:
1. How do I become a Sonesta Travel Pass member?The Sonesta Travel Pass guest rewards program is complimentary and takes seconds to join. Simply enroll online or at any Sonesta hotel and start enjoying benefits on your first stay.
2. What are the different membership levels of Sonesta Travel Pass?Membership levels are as follows:
Member level begins upon enrollment;
Preferred level requires six (6) qualifying nights in a calendar year;
Elite level requires twelve (12) qualifying nights in a calendar year.
It’s very simple to earn top tier Elite level benefits! Plus, you get to keep your earned status for the entire following calendar year. So if you earn Elite status in March of 2015, you’ll get to maintain that status through December 31, 2016. Just another way Sonesta Travel Pass brings you more.
3. Why should I join Sonesta Travel Pass? What’s in it for me?As a Sonesta Travel Pass member you are entitled to a number of benefits that start from the moment you enroll. Depending on your membership level, perks include complimentary upgraded internet, early check-in/late check-out, complimentary room upgrades, the ability to earn reward points for free reward nights, and many more. See the entire list of benefits.
4. I’m an Elite member in another hotel program. Will you match my status?Of course! Sonesta offers a status match to Preferred and Elite levels in other hotel loyalty programs. All you need to do is enroll in Sonesta Travel Pass and simply email Travel Pass customer care (email@example.com) with your Travel Pass Member ID and a copy of a current membership card or statement showing your status in another hotel loyalty program. It’s that simple.
5. Do Sonesta Travel Pass members receive special rates?
Yes! As a Sonesta Travel Pass member, you’ll receive exclusive member-only email offers – but make sure you always opt-in to receive our emails. Also, you can always check the exclusive offers page for current specials.
6. Can I share my Sonesta Travel Pass membership with someone else?No. The name on the reservation must match the name on the Sonesta Travel Pass account in order for stay credit to be awarded, so each person needs to sign up separately. However, you may transfer a free reward night to an immediate family member. Please see terms & conditions for full details.
Reward Points / Benefits Questions:
7. Where can I earn and redeem Sonesta Travel Pass Reward Points?Reward points are earned & redeemed at participating Sonesta hotels in the U.S. and Sint Maarten. See where your points can take you. To earn Reward Points for qualifying reservations, your reservation must contain your Sonesta Travel Pass Member ID.
8. How many points do I need to earn a free night?Sonesta Travel Pass members earn one point for every U.S. dollar spent on guest room revenue accommodations at participating Sonesta locations in the United States and Sint Maarten (for qualified rates). You can earn a free night in as little as 1,750 points, depending on hotel tier. View the full list of redemption tiers.
9. How do I find out how many points I’ve earned or check my membership status?You can check your membership status or find out how many points you’ve earned at any time by logging into your member account at Sonesta.com/TravelPass. Reward Points will be posted to your account within seven days after you check-out.
10. How do I redeem my points for a Free Reward Night?
It’s easy. Just call the Customer Care Team at 1.855.622.2160 or 1.617.658.0078 and they’ll be happy to assist you. They can check availability at any of our hotels and book the reward night for you.
11. What is a qualifying night?Qualified nights are reservations made at qualifying rates and are used to identify changes in member level and to earn Reward Points. Generally, most rates are qualifying when you book directly on sonesta.com or through our call center. Members cannot earn credit for day use (same arrival and departure date), group, contract, wholesale rates, as well as 3rd party online travel websites and some other discounts. Please see question #11 for more on qualified rates. For all qualifying rate information, please refer to the terms & conditions.
12. Can I receive Sonesta Travel Pass benefits if I book my hotel stay through a third party such as Expedia.com, Priceline.com, a wholesaler or a charter company?No. Reservations booked through an online third party reservation service (i.e. Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.com, Orbitz.com, Priceline.com or Hotwire.com) are not eligible for any Sonesta Travel Pass benefits. Group reservations and any reservation booked through a wholesaler, charter company, or airline contract do not qualify for Sonesta Travel Pass benefits. Employee rates, Voucher, barter, travel industry rates and award stays are also considered non-qualifying rates. For full qualifying rates details, please visit terms & conditions.
13. Can I make changes to my Sonesta Travel Pass member account?Yes, sign in to your Sonesta Travel Pass account on Sonesta.com and select the section that you would like to update. Changes will be updated immediately. Also, please update your member profile and preferences so that we can make your next stay more enjoyable.
14. What should I do if I forgot my password?Click the ‘Forgot Password’ link at the bottom of the Sonesta Travel Pass member sign-in page on Sonesta.com and enter your email address to receive an email with your password. You can also contact the Sonesta Travel Pass Customer Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a password reset.
15. I just became a member of Sonesta Travel Pass; how do I receive credit for a past stay?Membership begins on the day you enroll. However, members may receive credit for stays 30 days prior to enrollment, if requested within 60 days of an enrollment. You must contact the Travel Pass Customer Care Team at 1-855.622.2160 (toll-free in U.S.) or 1.617.658.0078.
16. How can I ensure that I get my stay credit?Provide your Sonesta Travel Pass member ID each time you make a reservation for a participating Sonesta Hotel or Resort, and you will be credited for every qualified stay within 1 week of your departure.
17. How can I add my Sonesta Travel Pass number to an existing reservation?Please email the Travel Pass Customer Care Team at email@example.com with the hotel name, confirmation number, your first and last name (as it appears on the reservation), your Sonesta Travel Pass Member ID#, and your arrival date.
18. How do I get credit for a missing stay?It may take up to 1 week after check-out for your stay to post to your account. If your stay still hasn’t posted after a week, please complete the missing stay form on the Sonesta Travel Pass website.
Additional Questions:Still have questions? Please see our terms & conditions page for further program details. You may also call or email the Sonesta Travel Pass Customer Care Team and they’ll be happy to assist.
Call: 1.855.622.2160 (Toll-free in U.S.) or 1.617.658.0078