Your next adventure begins at The Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel Seattle. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the circa-1901 building that houses The Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel is located across the street from where the Great Fire ended and once served as the Alaska Gold Standard Mining offices and the treasurer’s office for the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition during the Klondike Gold Rush. From the décor and amenities to the unparalleled service of attentive staff, The Alexis offers a sense of modern, approachable vibrancy that’s as inviting as it is refined. Step inside and experience the ultimate Seattle stay.
- Condé Nast Traveler, RCA 2019
- U.S. News & World
- Historic hotel dating back to 1901, situated in Seattle’s historic West Edge neighborhood downtown
- Award-winning fitness facility featuring two levels, a rock-climbing wall, and cutting-edge strength and cardio equipment
- Bookstore Bar & Café serving up craft cocktails, rare whiskeys, and savory cuisine
- 4000 square feet of meeting and event space in 6 meeting rooms
- On-site Chroma Salon and Spa - an AVEDA salon and spa
- Steps from iconic attractions including Seattle Waterfront, Pike Place Market, and Pioneer Square
- Nightly Travel Pass evening wine reception
- Shops at the Alexis, independent boutiques for distinctive Seattle shopping at the hotel
- Pet friendly
Stay Safe with Sonesta
In accordance with the CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear face coverings in public areas. Face coverings are still required for individuals that are not fully vaccinated.
For more information about available amenities, please click here.
In each of our spacious guest rooms and suites, your comfort is our utmost priority. Generous and convenient in-room features against a palette of nautical blues and earthy greens meant to mimic the lush Pacific Northwest ensure you begin each day relaxed and refreshed.
- 88 guestrooms and 33 suites seamlessly combine a moody, Pacific Northwest-inspired color palette with timelessly luxe design flourishes that give a nod to Seattle’s storied history, vibrant present and proximity to nature
- Guest rooms are similar to the layout of a European apartment—boasting expansive spaces, tall ceilings, large windows and luxurious wall-to-wall draperies
- Dabble in a little mixology with the bar cart-like minibar
- Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet
- In-room spa treatments available
- Mobility/hearing accessible rooms available
Check-in time is 3:00PM. Check out time is 12:00PM. Early check-in is by request only and not guaranteed. Late check-out must be coordinated with the hotel, as available. A valid credit card is required at check-in.
MINIMUM CHECK-IN AGE
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check into hotel.
The Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel is a non-smoking property. There is a $250 fine for violation of the smoking policy.
Our hotel is dog-friendly. Please click here for information on our dog policy.
Unwind in a beautiful and tranquil setting at Chroma Salon & Spa. Chroma staff are experts in their field and offer a wide range of hair and massage treatments.
IN-ROOM SPA OFFERINGS
Make an appointment for your in-room spa service.
For immediate reservation requests or questions, please call us at 1.877.452.4772 between the hours of 9AM - 9PM, daily to speak with our in-room spa service representatives.
Professional athletes have called our fitness center “the best hotel gym ever,” and it snagged the Shape magazine Healthy Travel Award for “most fun” in the hotel gyms category. Award-winning fitness facility featuring two levels, a rock-climbing wall, and cutting-edge strength and cardio equipment.
Our complimentary on-site fitness center is open to guests 24/7
Enjoy onsite valet parking privileges for an overnight fee of $48 per night. Self-parking is not available through the hotel.
Bookstore Bar & Café is currently closed.
Bookstore Bar & Café offers a cozy ambience, serving up beautifully crafted cocktails, rare whiskeys, and savory bites. Against a backdrop of brick walls lined with classic tomes, you can grab a bite to eat all the way from brunch in the morning to late-night happy hour in the evening. The collection of scotch and whiskey is one of the city’s most impressive — sample from the 130-plus varieties.
IN ROOM DINING
We currently offer room service from the Metropolitan Grill.
The Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel provides full dinner settings, while the food is kept in its original packaging to avoid additional handling of the food. One of our team members safely delivers the trays to the room.
Complimentary morning coffee and tea service from 6AM to 10AM, daily, in our lobby.
- Select from our 6 event spaces, which offer over 4000 square feet of artistic meeting space and can host 10 to 180 guests in executive or elegant style.
- Largest meeting and event space boasts 1716 square feet
- Cocktail receptions for up to 180 guests
- Dinner for up to 120 guests
- Distinctive catering from the Bookstore Bar & Café
Sonesta Travel Pass
Sonesta Travel Pass is our guest rewards program that gives you perks, points, privileges and exclusives on top of the warm, friendly service and little extras you'll find at any Sonesta — to make each stay even more rewarding.
Already a member?
Points of Interest
- Seattle Waterfront
- Great Wheel
- Pike Place Market
- Georgetown University
- Seattle Art Museum
- Seattle Aquarium
- CenturyLink Field
- T-Mobile Park
- Warner Theatre
- Mount Rainier
- Pioneer Square
- Space Needle
- Chihuly Glass Museum
- Olympic Sculpture Park
The specialty shops at The Alexis Royal Sonesta allow guests to enjoy all the benefits of downtown Seattle shopping without ever leaving the hotel.
Arts and culture, sports and recreation, shopping and strolling, dining and drinking, business and finance — downtown Seattle buzzes with a whole lot more than caffeine, although we’ve got plenty of that, too. The Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel is perfectly positioned in the West Edge neighborhood downtown, which borders the waterfront, Pioneer Square, Belltown, and the retail core.
We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability.
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check out: 12:00PM noon
- Guest must be 21 years or over to check-in
- Occupancy tax: 15.6%
- Sales tax: 10.1%
- Credit Cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Diners Club and JCB accepted.
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity: 120 volts
The Alexis Royal Sonesta Hotel
1007 First Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104