Hilton Head Recreation Center
Whether you’re looking for Hilton Head Island Beach and Tennis resorts or a place to relax and retreat, we offer a range of options to satisfy both. From relaxing in a quiet hammock in the gardens or lounging on the beach, to an afternoon of golf or tennis, to an evening dinner cruise—you’ll find everything you want in reach.
Island Adventures include:
The Heritage Collection on Hilton Head Island is proud to feature seven championship courses at three prestigious clubs. From the avid golfer, to those who are just starting out, you are sure to find the perfect golf experience within this spectacular offering of award-winning courses.
The Heritage Collection on Hilton Head Island has the ideal course for a morning round of golf with a sumptuous lunch or a week-long getaway with new courses each day.
Hilton Head Island is a world-renowned tennis destination and boasts over 200 courts on the island. Within our resort community, you’ll find the Van Der Meer Shipyard Racquet Club — the area’s premier tennis facility. Featuring 20 well-groomed courts, you'll receive first-class instruction from certified coaches. Court surfaces include 14 clay courts, six hard courts and three indoor courts. Van Der Meer offers a full complement of programs for all ages and levels, as well as an exceptional pro shop.
What to do when it rains...
- Adventure Cove: 18 Folly Field Rd., 843.842.9990, Open Daily 10am-9pm
- Arum Spa: Enjoy a relaxing massage or facial without leaving the resort! Ext. 7686
- Batters Box: 2 Southwind Park Dr., 843.715.2737, Mon-Fri 2:30-7pm & Sat. 12-4pm
- Bricks4Kidz: New Orleans Rd., 843.298.1310, Hours Vary
- Coastal Discovery Museum: Honey Horn Plantation, Daily tours, 843.689.6767
- Gullah Heritage Tours: Bus tour or the Island's History, 843.681.7066
- Hilton Head Art League Gallery: 14 Shelter Cove Ln., 843.681.2399
- Island Playground (Indoors): Just over the bridge in Bluffton, 843.837.8383
- Island Winery: 843.842.3141, Mon-Sat 12:30pm-5:30pm
- Just Us Kids: Become a Sonesta kid and join the activities & fun! Ext. 7618
- (Pre-Registration is required 24 hours in advance for any kids program.)
- Movie Theaters:
- Northridge Plaza: 843.342.3800
- Park Plaza Cinema: 843.715.0479
- Rose Hill Mansion Tour: https://www.rosehillmansion.com, Weekdays, 843.757.6046
- Savor the Low Country: Coligny Plaza, 866.736.6343
- Station 300: 25 Innovation Dr., (25-30min), Call for hours, 843.815.2695
- The Art Café: Paint your own pottery! 843.785.5525
- The Sandbox: An interactive Children's Museum, Pope Ave., 843.842.7645