- Located on the south end of Hilton Head Island, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
- Access to beach
- On-site spa
- Two swimming pools and hot tub
- Several restaurants with both indoor and outdoor dining options
- AAA 4-Diamond awarded resort
- Located just 45 miles from Savannah, in an area surrounded by outdoor recreation, shopping and fine dining
Stay Safe with Sonesta
Learn about the resort and available amenities for your upcoming stay. Please note, for the health & safety of our guests and team members, Sonesta hotels require guests to wear face coverings in all indoor public areas.
- 340 guest rooms featuring luxurious bedding (331 rooms + 9 suites) with a variety of view types
- High-speed internet access
- Telephones with voicemail
- Internet ready Smart TV
- Electronic safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Keurig coffee maker
- Small refrigerator
- Private balcony/patio
- ADA compliant rooms
Check-in time is 4:00PM. Check-out time is 12:00PM. Early check-in is by request only and not guaranteed. A valid credit card must be presented at check-in at all hotels. Late check-out must be coordinated with the hotel, as available. A valid credit card is required at check-in.
MINIMUM CHECK-IN AGE
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check into hotel.
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island is a non-smoking property. Smoking is permitted only in the designated smoking areas. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged to your guest room bill.
Dogs under 35 lbs only are allowed in the resort. Accommodations for guests traveling with dogs are designated on the first floor of the resort. Pets are not allowed in public areas. A $150 cleaning fee will be charged to your room during your stay. Pet waste stations are located near the patio of the designated pet rooms.
NOTE: If extensive cleaning and repairs are necessary beyond the normal deep cleaning process, additional fees may be incurred
- Heyward’s Restaurant offers breakfast and dinner featuring steaks and seafood.
- Breakfast: 7 am - 11 am, daily
- Lunch: 11:30 am - 2 pm, daily
- Dinner: 5 pm - 9 pm, Friday & Saturday
- Seacrest Terrace and Patio serves lunch and dinner with indoor and outdoor seating complete with two fireplaces
- 11:30 am - 2 pm, daily
- Bayley’s Bar and Terrace offers atrium seating, an intimate lounge area and outdoor terrace, serves cocktails and appetizers in the evening
- An extensive in-room dining menu provides the opportunity to relax in your room or on your private balcony overlooking the beautiful landscaping
Run along the beach or explore our 24 hour fitness center featuring state-of-the art cardiovascular equipment and free weights.
Spend the day basking in the sun at the hotel's two heated swimming pools and hot tub.
The hotel offers two pool-side cabanas, offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
The swimming pool and hot tub are available to guests daily from 8AM – 8PM.
Our onsite Arum Spa offers an array of treatments enveloped in an ambiance that engages the senses, calms the mind and lifts the spirit.
JUST US KIDS
A supervised kids club designed to be fun, entertaining and a learning experience for 3-12-year-olds. Just Us Kids is a seasonal amenity.
Complimentary Trolley to Coligny Plaza courtesy of Hilton Head Island Guest Services
- Call: 843.816.5145
- Hours: Monday - Sunday: 10:00AM-dusk
Complimentary shuttle within Shipyard Plantation available.
PEARL'S MARKET GIFT SHOP
Pearls offers a wide variety of snacks and cold beverages, as well as toiletry and sundry items.
Bikes are still available daily from 9:00AM - 5:00PM. Prices are as follows: $22 for one day, $30 for 2 days, $35 for 3 days, and $40 for 4 -7 days.
- 23,000 square feet of function space
- Santee Ballroom with 10,000 square feet
- Oceanfront Pavilion with 7,000 square feet
- Facilities to accommodate up to 800 guests
- A dedicated convention services/catering team
- High speed internet & audio-visual equipment
Sonesta Travel Pass
Sonesta Travel Pass is our guest rewards program that gives you perks, points, privileges and exclusives on top of the warm, friendly service and little extras you'll find at any Sonesta — to make each stay even more rewarding.
Already a member?
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island offers the best experience of Hilton Head Island resorts . As part of the various guest privileges we offer throughout your stay, a daily Resort Fee of $25+ tax and daily Destination Fee of $3+ tax will be charged to your room account.
- Direct beach access
- Kipsu concierge texting service, allowing communication to hotel associates 24-hours a day
- Complimentary self-parking and unlimited access to our gated Shipyard Community, one vehicle per room
- Complimentary basic high speed wired and wireless package, up to five devices in each guest room
- 48” internet ready Smart TV
- 24-hour access to Tech Lounge, equipped with two computers and printers
- 24-hour use of fitness center
- Access to heated outdoor pool, shade pool and hot tub
- Complimentary resort pool towels and chair covers
- Transportation to and from Shipyard Golf Course
- In-room Keurig coffee makers
- In-room safe
- 8% state tax
- 3% local tax
In order for us to deliver our promise, please follow our etiquette guidelines listed below.
- Cooking on grills and cook tops are not permitted on the beach, nor on the resort premises.
- Cover ups should be worn in our lobby and restaurants. Footwear is required at all times.
- Coolers are not permitted on the pool deck. Food consumption utilizing our restaurant and pool tables is limited to items purchased from the resort.
- Items left on the pool chair for an extended amount of time will be removed by our security team. Please refrain from saving pool chairs so other guests have the opportunity to relax by the pool.
- For safety reasons, items should not be hung on balcony railings. Please contact Housekeeping for additional hangers if needed.
- Bike racks are available in the front of the building as well as Just Us Kids. Storing your bike in your room is not permitted.
- Parking is permitted only in the designated resort parking space. Please refrain from parking in the Shipyard Beach Access road to avoid having your vehicle towed.
Points of Interest
- Coligny Plaza – over 60 shops & restaurants within walking distance of the beach
- Park Plaza – cinema, shops and dining
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve
- Golf – 24 courses on the island
- Tennis – 20 courts next door at Van Der Meer Tennis Academy
- Water sports – boating, kayaking, fishing
- Nightlife on the Island and in nearby Savannah
- Day trips to Savannah, Beaufort and Charleston
We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability.
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island
130 Shipyard Drive
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928