Steeped in colonial history, Philadelphia is a bustling, walkable city that combines its patriotic past with a cosmopolitan present. The hotel is located downtown and an easy walk to Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Rittenhouse Square, shopping, universities, museums and dining.
- 7 miles from Philadelphia International Airport, blocks to Amtrak's 30th Street Station and 1 block to SEPTA Suburban Station
- 439 modern rooms & suites
- 16,000 square feet of distinguished meeting space
- 24/7 fitness center
- In-house restaurant, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
Stay Safe with Sonesta
Learn about the resort and available amenities for your upcoming stay. As part of Sonesta’s continuing commitment to health and safety, and following the guidance of CDC and other experts, Sonesta hotels require all guests and associates to wear masks in indoor, public areas.
Your safety and health is our top priority. Based on our current housekeeping protocol, guests with a stay longer than 7 days will receive a full service cleaning of their guest room once per week. For additional services during your stay, we would be delighted to accommodate your needs and kindly request a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. In the meantime, for additional towels, coffee & tea, and other amenities, please contact the front desk.
- 439 modern guest rooms & suites
- Complimentary wireless high-speed internet access
- Cable/Satellite television
- Telephones with voicemail
- Desk and chair
- Iron and ironing board
- Coffee maker
- In-room safe
- In-room refrigerator
- Safety deposit boxes
- iHome docking station (for iPhone 4)
- Barrier free and ADA compliant rooms available
- High speed wireless internet
- Two telephones with voicemail
- Desk and chair
- Check-in: 4:00 p.m.
- Check-out: 12:00 noon (Guests must be 21 years of age or older to check in)
Check-in time is 4:00PM. Check-out time is 12:00 PM. Early check-in is by request only and not guaranteed. A valid credit card must be presented at check-in. Late check-out must be coordinated with the hotel, as available.
You will need to present a credit card upon arrival. We do not accept third-party payments for reservations made via Booking.com.
Upon check-in, we will authorize your credit card for the sum of each night’s room and tax charges, plus parking charges if applicable, as well as an additional $150 to cover incidental expenses during your stay such as restaurant and phone charges. Upon checkout, any amount authorized that was not used will be released, and your bank should release that hold typically within 5-7 business days.
Guests paying with a debit card should be aware that the funds authorized at the time of arrival are immediately deducted from your account by your bank. With a debit card, banks typically do not release the authorization taken at check-in for 7-10 business days. Therefore, many guests prefer to present a credit card at the time of check-in, and a debit card at the time of departure so that the hotel is only authorizing your debit card for the exact amount needed to settle your charges.
You are welcome to pay cash upon departure, but the hotel requires a credit card be presented and authorized for your stay at the time of arrival.
We do not accept Chim, Cash App, Paypal or prepaid gift cards as payments for the room or security deposit.
MINIMUM CHECK-IN AGE
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check into hotel.
Sonesta Philadelphia is a non-smoking property. There is a $250 fine for violation of the smoking policy.
Dining and Restaurants
ArtBar - open for weekend Grab N Go breakfast on Saturday's and Sunday's during 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM. Evening bar service is available on Friday's and Saturday's during 4:00 PM - 12 Midnight.
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, our in-house restaurant located off of the lobby. Ruth's Chris Steak House serves the best USDA prime steak in Center City Philadelphia. Currently serving guests dine-in, outdoor seating (heated and covered) as well as convenient takeout and delivery options.
Sonesta Philadelphia is dog-friendly. Dogs must not exceed 35 pounds, and a maximum of two dogs, totaling 70 pounds are permitted. A $75 non-refundable cleaning fee applies. Learn more.
24/7 Fitness center features Life Fitness aerobic equipment, free weights, kettle bells, resistance cables, utility benches, medicine and stability balls.
Enjoy onsite valet parking at at Sonesta Philadelphia. Please know there is no self parking, however there are local lots available within a few blocks walk. The Parking Garage is independently owned and operated. Maximum height for vehicle to enter parking garage is 6 feet and 6 inches high.
Known as Philadelphia's art hotel, be welcomed by our colorful and rotating lobby art gallery, curated by Philadelphia's The Center for Emerging Visual Artists. All artwork is for sale and
Philadelphia is a city whose appreciation for the arts is legendary. With over 3,000 murals around the city, learn more about Philadelphia's largest mural at 22 stories high, located above the hotels front entrance.
We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability.
Meetings and Events
- 16,000 square feet (849 square meters) of function space
- 16 conference and breakout rooms
- Wyeth Ballroom accommodates 600 guests
- Dedicated group sales/convention services/ catering team on site
- High speed internet & audio visual equipment
Sonesta Philadelphia is located in the heart of Center City on 18th & Market Streets. Take advantage of our central location and be a few minutes walk or uber ride to favorite restaurants, historical attractions, interesting museums and shopping.
- Rittenhouse Square
- Independence Hall
- Philadelphia Zoo
- Liberty Bell
- Penn’s Landing (on the waterfront)
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Reading Terminal Market
- Franklin Institute
- Citizen's Bank Park (home of the MLB Phillies)
- The Barnes Foundation
- National Museum of American Jewish History
Sonesta Travel Pass
Sonesta Travel Pass is our guest rewards program that gives you perks, points, privileges and exclusives on top of the warm, friendly service and little extras you'll find at any Sonesta — to make each stay even more rewarding.
Already a member?
- All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card at the time of booking. Any cancellation must be made by no later than 4:00 PM local hotel time the day prior to arrival. Any reservation canceled after this time, or any booking that is a no-show, will be charged the sum of the first night's room and tax charges.
- Non-Guaranteed reservations are not accepted
- All credit card paying guests must present the credit card at check-in along with their valid Photo ID. The Hotel will pre-authorized all credit cards with the total room rate, taxes, parking charges (if applicable) and additional $100.00 for possible incidental bills.
- If a guest chooses to pay by cash upon arrival, the hotel at check-in will collect the total for the room rate, taxes, and parking charges (if applicable). In addition, a refundable cash deposit of $100.00 per day will be collected upon check-in towards possible incidental expenses incurred in the hotel. The hotel will refund any remaining amount from this deposit at checkout.
- Credit Cards Accepted for Guarantee and Deposit: American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Diners Club, Discover and JCB Credit Card
Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square
1800 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19103 Tel: 215.561.7500 Fax: 215.561.4484
Email us: Sales-SHPHI@sonesta.com