Sonesta International Hotels Corporation and The Royal Sonesta New Orleans
BOURBON BALCONY SUITE POLICIES
The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is pleased to welcome you to the unique experience of “Bourbon Street” in the French Quarter! Traditionally, our Bourbon Street Balconies are a special highlight, and The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is proud to provide you with the finest in the French Quarter. We are committed to ensuring that all of our guests have a comfortable and safe experience in these very special accommodations. To that end, we have outlined some Hotel Policies, City Ordinances and Personal Safety Tips. We request that you take a moment to review these items prior to your arrival.
- All events that are hosted at The Royal Sonesta New Orleans need to be arranged through The Royal Sonesta New Orleans’ Food & Beverage Department. Patrons are not permitted to bring in outside food or beverages and if found is subject to removal. Any such goods and/or services arriving at the Hotel without prior arrangement will not be allowed into the Hotel.
- Common balconies are shared with different guest rooms. Please be considerate of neighboring guests.
- Music services arranged for suites or guestrooms require approval of Hotel Management to provide the best experience to all of our guests. Amplified music is not allowed.
- Please exercise caution while on balconies. Do not climb or lean over the railings, for safety reasons.
- By law, the Hotel reserves the right not to serve anyone that is deemed intoxicated.
- Glass and/or metal containers are not permitted on balconies, including beer and soft drink bottles/cans.
- Standing on furniture or railings is not allowed. Climbing or standing on anyone's shoulders is not permitted, for safety reasons.
- Guestroom furniture is not allowed to be moved out on to the balconies.
- City Ordinance prohibits the “hurling” of beads or other Mardi Gras throws. Mardi Gras throws are strings of beads, doubloons, cups or other trinkets passed or tossed.
- Items may not be hung, draped or affixed to the balcony railings or guest room structures. This includes banners, flags, signs, clothing, towels, etc. The following is prohibited in the State of Louisiana:
- The use of laser lights
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages by intoxicated persons and persons under the age of 21.
- It is the responsibility of the registered guest to maintain control and order in the rooms and on the balconies, to avoid property damage or injury to guests, hotel staff and the public. Should Hotel Management or the New Orleans Police Department deem it necessary at anytime, the balconies may be cleared of guests and/or closed. In this event, Royal Sonesta New Orleans’ Security Department will advise the registered guest and also assist in clearing the balconies.