A ‘Royal’ Holiday Tradition
The Royal Sonesta Hotel is gearing up for a month long holiday celebration beginning on Wednesday November 28th and continuing into New Year’s. Visitors are welcome to take a tour of the hotel’s stunning Main Lobby and Royal Grand Promenade, which are lined with evergreen trees and adorned in holiday finery. Your holiday festivities begin and end at this landmark hotel located in the heart of the French Quarter.
• On Wednesday November 28th at 6:00 p.m., the Royal Sonesta Hotel officially rings in the holidays with the 7th Annual Lighting of the Balconies. With a ceremonial flip of the switch, two young patients from Children’s Hospital will experience the thrill of illuminating the hotel’s elaborate wrought-iron balconies with thousands of holiday lights. This year, the Royal Sonesta presents “A Motown Christmas” featuring a live musical presentation street-side, special appearances from your favorite holiday characters, members of the New Orleans Saintsations Cheerleading Team and several surprise celebrity guests. Don’t miss this uniquely New Orleans holiday celebration that is free and open to the public!
• During the entire month of December, elementary and high school choirs from across the metro area will spread holiday spirit with musical performances presented each weekday at 12 Noon in the Royal Sonesta’s main lobby. Please visit Sonesta.com/RoyalNewOrleans for a complete performance schedule.
• Embrace a New Orleans tradition by experiencing a Royal Teddy Bear Tea. Beginning December 9th through December 23rd, the Royal Sonesta’s elegant Grand Ballroom is transformed into a magical ‘Winter Wonderland‘ where holiday characters come to life right before our eyes. Dance with the Royal Teddy Bear, sing along with Rudolph and friends, and enjoy story-time with Mrs. Claus. Word has it that even Santa himself will make a special appearance! For reservations and details on seating times, please call our Holiday Desk at 504-553-2328.
• Each year the Royal Sonesta Hotel commissions one local artist to create a Royal Teddy Bear Tea Ornament. For 2012, artist Colleen Toye has hand-crafted and hand-painted each limited edition, signed and numbered keepsake that is available for $20 each. All of the net proceeds from the sale of these adorable ornaments benefit Children’s Hospital. The ornaments may be purchased at all Royal Teddy Bear Tea seatings or by calling the Holiday Desk at 504-553-2328.
• The holidays are the perfect time of year to enjoy all that the French Quarter has to offer. With special Papa Noel Packages beginning at just $129 per night, the Royal Sonesta Hotel makes your holiday experience a memorable one.
• Enjoy an 18th Century Creole Christmas at the city’s newest fine dining establishment, Restaurant R’evolution. Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto present a traditional “R’evellion” dinner menu offered on the Eve of Christmas and New Year’s. Reservations are limited, so please reserve your table early by calling the restaurant at 504-553-2277.
• On Monday December 31st, ring in the New Year at Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse. Join Grammy Award-winning Jazz trumpeter Irvin Mayfield and the all-star Jazz Playhouse Revue as they toast farewell to 2012 and salute 2013. This Jazz extravaganza is a party not to be missed that continues well in the wee hours the New Year. To purchase tickets or for more information on this exclusive bash, please call our Holiday Desk at 504-553-2328.
Create lasting holiday memories at the Royal Sonesta Hotel. Located just steps away from some of the finest shopping and popular visitor attractions, the Royal Sonesta Hotel always looks forward to welcoming you and your guests. With special performances presented nightly at Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse, fine dining at Restaurant R’evolution, and seasonal beverages created at PJ’s Coffee Café, there are always plenty of exciting offerings to enjoy at this luxurious hotel. We invite you to make the Royal Sonesta Hotel your holiday headquarters. For more information on these and many other festive happenings at the landmark Royal Sonesta Hotel, please visit www.sonesta.com/RoyalNewOrleans or call the holiday desk at 504-553-2328. Happy Holidays!
The 500-room Royal Sonesta Hotel is located in the heart of the fabulous French Quarter, just steps from world-famous restaurants, antique shops, jazz clubs and premier tourist attractions. Its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm. The hotel surrounds a tropical courtyard, just off an elegant marble lobby. The guestrooms offer views of the beautifully landscaped pool, secluded patios or French Quarter life. The hotel boasts over 20,000 square feet of functional meeting space as well as a brand new, luxurious Board Room equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technology. For hotel or restaurant reservations or more information, call your travel agent, 1-800-SONESTA, or visit their website at Sonesta.com
Discover Sonesta Hotels & Resorts in Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Hilton Head Island, Houston, Miami, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Sint Maarten (2), Panama, Chile (3), Colombia (4), Ecuador, Peru (7), and Egypt (13). Sonesta ES Suites is a new extended stay hotel brand managed by Sonesta. Each property features rooms with a dynamic work area designed for today’s traveler, locally inspired food and beverage and flexible common space for connecting with others. You will find Sonesta ES Suites in Andover MA, Atlanta GA, Auburn Hills MI, Burlington MA, Charlotte NC, Columbia MD, Dublin OH, Flagstaff AZ, Houston TX, Orlando FL, Parsippany NJ, Princeton NJ, Malvern PA, Myrtle Beach SC, St. Louis MO, Schaumburg IL and Somerset NJ. For more about the Sonesta Collection, visit Sonesta.com or call +1.617.315.9100 or 800.Sonesta (800.766.3782) in the U.S. and Canada.
*High resolution images are available at www.sonesta.com/media for all Sonesta hotels.