Experience 2021 Mardi Gras MASKerade, a Safe Celebration of Mardi Gras Traditions
Royal Sonesta New Orleans is considered by many to be the most desirable location to experience the fun and pageantry of Mardi Gras. To assure that your stay is enjoyable and comfortable during -Mardi Gras weekend, we have outlined everything you will need to know for Carnival Season.
In the weeks leading up to Fat Tuesday revelers worldwide can celebrate Mardi Gras traditions safely by participating in virtual elements such as social media contests and live-streamed events.
More information about the Stay Safe with Sonesta initiative can be found here.
Maximize Your Stay in New Orleans during Mardi Gras
Located on Bourbon Street in the heart of the French Quarter, Royal Sonesta New Orleans is considered by many to be the most desirable location to experience the fun and pageantry of Mardi Gras. To ensure that your stay is enjoyable and comfortable during Mardi Gras weekend, we have outlined everything you will need to know.
Mardi Gras Tips From Royal Sonesta New Orleans:
- Tips for a Festive & Safe Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Where to park during Mardi Gras in French Quarter
- History of Mardi Gras
*Important Note: Registered Hotel Guests & Visitors will be given wristbands to enter the hotel.
Mardi Gras Events At Royal Sonesta New Orleans:
- Royal Sonesta New Orleans 51st Annual Greasing of the Poles (tradition originated at the hotel) - Friday, February 12th at 10 a.m.
- The iconic event has been reimagined as a smaller, private celebration this year and will include engaging virtual elements, with audiences from around the world invited to participate via live-stream.
Experience Mardi Gras MASKerade
Celebrate carnival season from afar, with live streaming of select on-site events featuring popular Mardi Gras traditions and a series of engaging, family-friendly social media contests with Mardi Gras themed prizes to include king-cakes and throws, plus the grand-prize featuring a complimentary stay for two at Royal Sonesta New Orleans.
Enjoy the Restaurants at Royal Sonesta New Orleans To Celebrate Mardi Gras:
- Restaurant R'evolution - classic Cajun & Creole recipes
- Desire Oyster Bar - raw oyster bar & signature po'boys
- Le Booze - cocktail bar with Hurricanes