Take a step back in time at the historic Allegro Royal Sonesta Hotel. With enchanting touches of old school glamour at every turn, a truly inspiring stay awaits. Located in the heart of Chicago’s downtown Theatre District, this hotel boasts lavish theatrics all its own. Guests are a short walk from Randolph Street’s ‘Restaurant Row’, Millennium Park and more. Experience Chicago like never before.
- Historic hotel situated in the Chicago Loop district
- 312 Chicago, featuring authentic Northern Italian cuisine in an inviting atmosphere
- Bar Allegro, a classic American bar with contemporary flair
- 14,000+ square feet of meeting and event space in 15 meeting rooms
- Local and regional art installations on display in the hotel’s ground level windows
- Nightly Travel Pass evening wine reception
- Pet friendly
Stay Safe with Sonesta
Please note, for the health & safety of our guests and team members, Sonesta hotels require guests to wear face coverings in all indoor public areas.
Your safety and health is our top priority. Based on our current housekeeping protocol, guests with a stay longer than 7 days will receive a full service cleaning of their guest room once per week. For additional services during your stay, we would be delighted to accommodate your needs and kindly request a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. In the meantime, for additional towels, coffee & tea, and other amenities, please contact the front desk.
In each of our spacious guest rooms and suites, your comfort is our utmost priority. Generous in-room amenities and sophisticated, vibrant décor ensure you begin each day relaxed and refreshed.
- 483 guest rooms and suites offering captivating city views
- In-room spa services
- Complimentary morning coffee in the lobby
- Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet
- Mobility/hearing accessible rooms available
Check-in time is 3:00PM. Check out time is 12:00PM. Early check-in is by request only and not guaranteed. Late check-out must be coordinated with the hotel, as available. A valid credit card is required at check-in.
MINIMUM CHECK-IN AGE
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check into hotel.
The Allegro Royal Sonesta Chicago is a non-smoking property. There is a $250 fine for violation of the smoking policy.
Our hotel is dog-friendly. Please click here for information on our dog policy.
Break a sweat in our newly renovated, state-of-the-art fitness center featuring strength training equipment, cardio gear, yoga mats, free weights, and more.
The Allegro Royal Sonesta Hotel proudly displays the works of local and regional artists in our ground level windows. Every quarter, our hotel partners with a new artist to showcase their work for hotel guests and passersby to enjoy.
24-hour valet parking ($65 fee) with full in-and-out privileges
One of Chicago’s favorite Italian restaurants for 20 years running, 312 Chicago offers an innovative take on Northern Italian cuisine. House made pastas, fresh seafood, and an extensive wine and craft cocktail program make for an unforgettable dining experience that will transport you straight to Italy.
Unwind with a drink from Bar Allegro, located off the main lobby. Our classic American bar offers a retro yet contemporary atmosphere with an extensive list of wines, local beers, and hand-crafted cocktails. Pull up a seat!
The 15 event spaces are opulent and substantial, from our lavish Walnut Ballroom to more intimate nooks outfitted with regal furnishings and dark woods.
- 15 event spaces, offering over 14,000 square feet of sophisticated meeting space
- Host 10 to 400 guests
- The historic Walnut Ballroom boasts 3400 square feet with soaring 15-foot ceilings, beautiful natural light, and warm walnut accents
- Catering created by our on-site culinary expert
Sonesta Travel Pass
Sonesta Travel Pass is our guest rewards program that gives you perks, points, privileges and exclusives on top of the warm, friendly service and little extras you'll find at any Sonesta — to make each stay even more rewarding.
Already a member?
Points of Interest
- Millennium Park
- Grant Park
- Chicago Riverwalk
- Chicago Theatre District
- Restaurant Row
- Navy Pier
- Field Museum
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- Skydeck Chicago
- United Center
- Shedd Aquarium
We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability.
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check out: 12:00PM noon
- Guest must be 21 years or over to check-in
- Credit Cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Diners Club and JCB accepted.
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity: 120 volts
The Allegro Royal Sonesta Chicago
171 W. Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601