Our nation’s capital is an ever-evolving place, one both old and new, equally idealistic and staid and set in its ways – where history and tradition meet innovation and the promise of the future. Centrally located, in the heart of Washington’s dynamic DuPont Circle, the traditional home of Washington’s elite, Royal Sonesta Washington D.C. embodies the unique dichotomy that defines Washington with its own fresh, artistic and vibrant spirit. Royal Sonesta Washington D.C. is marked by alluring artistic design, refined sensibilities and meticulous attention to detail.
Best Washington DC Hotels 2020
- U.S. News & World Report
Favorite Hotel, 2018
- Family V
- Centrally located in Washington DC’s trendy Dupont Circle neighborhood
- Certo!, featuring flavorful Italian cuisine, craft cocktails and al fresco dining
- Outdoor, heated swimming pool with spacious sundeck and cabanas (seasonal)
- 10,000+ square feet of flexible meeting and event space
- Travel Pass evening wine reception
- Tesla and universal electric car charging stations
- Pet friendly
Stay Safe with Sonesta
In accordance with the CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear face coverings in public areas. Face coverings are still required for individuals that are not fully vaccinated.
Learn more about our current offerings here.
Your safety and health is our top priority. Based on our current housekeeping protocol, guests with a stay longer than 7 days will receive a full service cleaning of their guest room once per week. For additional services during your stay, we would be delighted to accommodate your needs and kindly request a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. In the meantime, for additional towels, coffee & tea, and other amenities, please contact the front desk.
In each of our spacious guest rooms and suites, your comfort is our utmost priority. Generous and convenient in-room features ensure you begin each day relaxed and refreshed.
- 335 tastefully appointed guest rooms and suites featuring contemporary colors and design patterns
- 330 count Frette linens
- Oversized Quartz work desk with ergonomic chair
- 55” Samsung LCD Television
- Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet
- In-room spa treatments available
- Mobility/hearing accessible rooms available
Daily Guest Amenities Fee
As part of the various guest privileges we offer throughout your stay, a daily guest amenity fee of $25 (inclusive of tax) will be charged to your room account.
- 1PM late check-out
- 20% off at Bodega
- $10 scooter credit
- PPE Welcome Amenity
- Complimentary in room water (2 per stay)
- Complimentary Travel Pass Social Hour from 5PM-6PM
- Complimentary bikes, available upon request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi ($12.99 per day)
- Unlimited local and long distance calls
- Exclusive discounts at signature Dupont Circle partner shops
Check-in time is 3:00PM. Check-out time is 12:00PM. Early check-in is by request only and not guaranteed. Late check-out must be coordinated with the hotel, as available. A valid credit card is required at check-in.
MINIMUM CHECK-IN AGE
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check into hotel.
Royal Sonesta Washington is a non-smoking property. There is a $250 fine for violation of the smoking policy.
Our hotel is dog-friendly. Please click here for information on our dog policy.
Enjoy our expansive 2nd floor fitness center, located adjacent to the swimming pool, with state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment.
We offer a seasonal outdoor urban oasis featuring a heated swimming pool and spacious sundeck.
Enjoy valet parking privileges during your stay at the Royal Sonesta Washington DC. (Fees apply)
Due to current restrictions, Certo! is only open for breakfast.
Monday - Friday: 6:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Located on the hotel’s main level, Certo! brings flavorful Italian coastal cuisine to the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Treat your taste buds to house-made pizzas, pastas, and local meat and seafood dishes featuring fresh ingredients from our on-site rooftop garden. Italian liqueurs inspire the bar’s extensive craft cocktail menu. Enjoy al fresco dining on the spacious patio in the warmer months.
In room dining: 24-hour room service, with a limited overnight menu beginning at 12 midnight, from Certo!
In the spirit of DC’s many private social clubs, the meeting and event space boasts preppy-chic design, inspired by suave university club spaces in Georgetown, just blocks from the hotel.
- Select from seven meeting and event spaces, plus corridor and pre-function areas, which offer over 10,000 square feet of sophisticated meeting space and can host 10 to 300 guests in executive or elegant style
- Grand events take over the National Room and the nearly 2200-square-foot Phillips Ballroom
- State-of-the-art audio/visual capabilities including wireless high-speed Internet
- Distinctive catering from the beloved Certo!
Sonesta Travel Pass
Sonesta Travel Pass is our guest rewards program that gives you perks, points, privileges and exclusives on top of the warm, friendly service and little extras you'll find at any Sonesta — to make each stay even more rewarding.
Already a member?
Points of Interest
- Dupont Circle
- Embassy Row
- George Washington University
- Georgetown University
- National Mall
- Washington Monument
- Lincoln Memorial
- National Geographic Museum
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- National Museum of African American History + Culture
- National Gallery of Art
- The White House
- Warner Theatre
- Capital One Arena
We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability.
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check-out: 12:00PM noon
- Guest must be 21 years or over to check-in
- Occupancy tax: 14.95%
- Sales tax: 6%
- Credit Cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Diners Club and JCB accepted.
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity: 120 volts
Royal Sonesta Washington DC
2121 P Street NW
Washington, DC 20037