Stay Safe at Royal Sonesta San Juan
We’d like to start by thanking you for trusting us during these very challenging times. Like you, our entire team is anxiously awaiting our return to all the services and experiences but until that day comes, we want you to know we are committed to making the best of the current situation, and that we will do our very best to help you Stay Safe with Sonesta.
Please note, a negative COVID-19 test that is from no more than 3 days prior to your travel date must be provided at check-in. Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide you with a guestroom if you are unable to provide negative results.
Full Stay Safe with Sonesta program details can be found at Sonesta.com/staysafe, and below are highlights of how it is being implemented at our resort:
- Please note, for the health & safety of our guests and team members, Sonesta hotels require guests to wear face coverings in all indoor public areas.
- Limited-contact check-in and check-out
- Guests and employees will always maintain 6-feet or social distancing.
- Limited number of guests on all of our elevators, and guests must sanitize hands prior to riding the elevator.
- Social distancing must also be maintained in all public spaces; lobby, restaurants, fitness center, pool, and gift shop.
- Your guestroom has been sanitized and Stay Safe with Sonesta sealed for your arrival.
- Your room will not be serviced by housekeeping unless you specifically request it.
- Additional towels, linens and non-essential items (laundry bags, pen, paper, etc.) that have been removed from your room are available upon request.
- Temperature check upon arrival
- Use of PPE by all of our colleagues
Please visit the following to check all details about current entry requirements and travel restrictions prior to your visit: https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/promise
As of Friday, April 17, 2021, the Governor of Puerto Rico has issued a new Executive Order that extends Island wide curfew between 10:00pm and 5:00am; commercial activities including restaurants and bars can operate between 5:00am and 9:00pm. During curfew hours, guests are not allowed to gather in the public areas of the hotel and are required to stay in their room room except while ordering food at La Bodeguita Café which is operating until midnight for your convenience. Masks are required at all times inside and outside of the hotel and please be advised that local authorities are imposing fines of up to $500 for not wearing a mask in public. Additionally:
- Beaches are open for use but always maintaining 6 feet of distance or more based on the CDC guidelines. No alcoholic beverages can be consumed in the beach.
- The Pool (and Pool areas) are open daily from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm with maximum capacity of 30%. We kindly request our guests to please wipe down lounge chairs before and after use and to return used towels to appropriate receptacle. No alcohol consumption allowed at the Pool area.
- The gym will be open daily from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm with maximum capacity of 30%.
- Restaurants and other shops in the Island will be open daily until 9:00 pm max and with maximum capacity of 50%.
- Indoor restaurants and other shops on the Island will be open until 9:00 pm with max capacity at 30%. Outdoor restaurants will be open with a max occupancy 50%. Alcoholic beverages will be served on tables ONLY and until 9:00 pm.
|Bodeguita Coffee & Wine Bar||
Grab & Go coffee, pastries and sandwiches and other delights. 6:00am - midnight
|Ocean Breeze Restaurant||
11:00am – 9:00pm Fridays & Saturdays11:00am – 7:00pm Sunday through Wednesday
|Akua Pool Bar||
Swim-up bar at the pool – closed as consumption of alcoholic beverages is not allowed in pool area.
|Daily, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Ruth’s Chris Steak House||
Monday - Saturday, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
|Daily breakfast a la carte buffet, 7:00 am - 11:00 am|
|Room Service||Daily, 7:00 am - 11:00 am & 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
|Sak-I Restaurant||Will remain closed|
We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to San Juan!
During these challenging times, tell us how we’re doing to help you Stay Safe with Sonesta: (888)SAFE-050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.