Hotel Green Initiatives
Royal Sonesta Hotel is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our operation through adopting initiatives to reduce, reuse and recycle at every opportunity possible.
Guest Room Programs:
- The guest room energy management system manages heating and cooling when guests are not present.
- Guest rooms are now lit by state-of-the-art compact florescent lighting.
- To reduce water consumption, low-flow faucets, showerheads and toilets were installed.
- Guests have the option of reusing their bed linens and towels.
Food & Beverage Programs:
- Organic, local and sustainable food products are used whenever possible.
- Air conditioning and lights are controlled by automated building system and turned off when meeting room is not occupied.
- All leftover perishable food is utilized in the employee cafeteria.
- Building automation systems are used to efficiently control the building’s energy consumption, coordinating HVAC, boilers, chillers and common area lighting.
- Use of latex paints vs. oil based paints in all hotel projects.
- A horticulturalist on staff to maintain the lush, indigenous landscaping with as few chemical pesticides and fertilizers as possible.