Sales and Marketing
Corporate Transient Sales Manager
- Establish client base of individuals, organizations, associations, social, and/or corporate businesses through direct outside and inside selling to secure business for the hotel to ensure that room night sales and revenue goals are met or exceeded. Actively prospect and qualify new business.
- Achieve personal and team goals as assigned.
- Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines. Accurately produce and/or review all sales contracts, rate agreements, and/or banquet/catering event orders.
- Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures
- Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients. Disseminate sales-related information to other departments as appropriate.
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients. Entertain clients in accordance with established company and hotel policies and guidelines.
- Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
- Attend and represent hotel at trade shows and conventions and/or participate in sales trips to key feeder markets.
- Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests - to ensure their total satisfaction
- Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies, etc. - to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups)
- May assist in developing and implementing sales plans. May also participate in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as "manager on duty" as required.
Some college preferred plus a minimum of 3-5 years sales experience with a concentration in Business Transient Sales or equivalent combination of education and experience. Upscale hotel experience preferred. Candidate will also have experience in the Group Market for potential deployment. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.