Overlooking palm-fringed Isla Verde Beach and the sparkling, azure Atlantic, Royal Sonesta San Juan offers guests ultimate indulgence and relaxation. Discover elegant, refined furnishings, world-class amenities, and captivating sunset strolls along San Juan’s most exquisite stretch of white sand beaches, all at your fingertips. Satisfy your sense of wanderlust at the serene seaside oasis that is Royal Sonesta San Juan.
• Spectacular location on Puerto Rico’s most serene beachfront, Isla Verde
• Seven onsite bars and restaurants highlighting exquisite local cuisines, craft cocktails, and ocean front settings
• Expansive lagoon-style swimming pool with swim-up bar and luxury lounge chairs
• 24,000+ square feet of flexible meeting and event space
• 24-hour, newly renovated fitness center with ocean views
• Miles of San Juan’s most beautiful white sand beaches
• Close proximity to Old San Juan and El Yunque National Forest
• Pet friendly
Stay Safe with Sonesta
Please note, for the health & safety of our guests and team members, Sonesta hotels require guests to wear face coverings in all indoor public areas.
In each of our spacious guest rooms and suites, your comfort is our utmost priority. Genereous and convenient in-room amenities against a palette of calming colors and décor, echoing the island’s golden sand and turquoise water, ensure you begin each day relaxed and refreshed.
• 398 luxurious guest rooms and suites designed to evoke the colonial elegance of Old San Juan
• French-style balconies in every room boasting captivating views of the Atlantic Ocean, lagoon pool, or lush gardens
• Jacuzzi tubs in all suites
• Smart TVs
• Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet
• Mobility/hearing accessible rooms available
Check-in time is 3:00PM. Check-out time is 12:00PM. Early check-in is by request only and not guaranteed. Late check-out must be coordinated with the hotel, as available. A valid credit card is required at check-in.
Minimum Check-In Age
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check into hotel.
Royal Sonesta San Juan is a non-smoking property. There is a $250 fine for violation of the smoking policy.
Our hotel is dog-friendly. Please click here for information on our dog policy.
Break a sweat in our newly renovated, state-of-the-art fitness center featuring strength training equipment, cardio gear, yoga mats, free weights, and more.
24-hour valet parking ($25 USD) with full in-and-out privileges and 24-hour self-parking ($20 USD).
The resort’s indoor and outdoor main bar serves local culinary specialties along with handcrafted signature cocktails in a contemporary setting dotted with fire pits. Enjoy views of the lagoon pool while you enjoy locally-inspired tapas and martinis.
This poolside dining and swim-up bar is ideal for refreshments while enjoying a relaxing pool day.
This contemporary wood and stone dining room serves innovative Asian cuisine fused with tropical local flavors. Our Liquid Art menu includes specialty cocktails made with traditional Japanese wine at the sake bar.
Overlooking the lagoon pool, Aleli Restaurant serves breakfast at terrace tables in a relaxed, breezy setting.
As Isla Verde’s only oceanfront bar, Ocean Breeze is a must-visit for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy Mediterranean-inspired cuisine while soaking up beautiful views, sunshine, and sand.
Serving light breakfast, lunch and evening snacks, this intimate eatery merges all the pleasures of a European-style café and a wine bar.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House
Renowned for prime cuts of beef, Ruth’s Chris Steak House also serves fresh seafood and decadent desserts, all accompanied by a stellar wine list in an upscale setting.
For those times when you’d rather stay in, and for those productive work days when you’d rather not interrupt your pace, it is our pleasure to deliver meals to your room. Karaya offers room service to all guests 24 hours a day.
Meeting and Event Space
Select from 16 flexible event spaces, ranging from intimate boardrooms to grand ballrooms with adjoining terraces, offering over 24,000 square feet of sophisticated meeting room space.
• The stunning Preciosa Ballroom features 6042 square feet of space and can host up to 600 guests
• A dedicated conference floor features breakout rooms, boardrooms, and the Grand Ballroom, all adorned with floor-to-ceiling windows boasting natural light and inspiring ocean views
• State-of-the-art audio/visual capabilities including wireless high-speed Internet
• Distinctive catering from our onsite Executive Chef
Sonesta Travel Pass
Sonesta Travel Pass is our guest rewards program that gives you perks, points, privileges and exclusives on top of the warm, friendly service and little extras you'll find at any Sonesta — to make each stay even more rewarding.
Already a member?
Points of Interest
• Old San Juan
• El Yunque National Forest
• The Mall of San Juan
• La Placita de Santurce
• Castillo San Felipe del Morro
• Casa Bacardi
• Carolina Beach
We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability.
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check-out: 12:00PM noon
- Guest must be 21 years or over to check-in
- Credit Cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Diners Club and JCB accepted.
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity: 120 volts
Royal Sonesta San Juan
5961 Isla Verde Avenue
Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico