Awards & Testimonials
In New Orleans, it's okay to Blow Your Own Horn! But it's really not bragging when we tell you what others say about the Royal Sonesta.
- Rated "Four Diamonds" by AAA (American Automobile Association)
- Ranked #6 Best Hotel in Louisiana in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report
- Earned a “Top New & Renovated Meeting Site Award for 2015” by ConventionSouth
- 11 Time recipient of the Pinnacle Award by readers of Successful Meetings Magazine
- 9 time winner of the Gold Key Award by readers of Meetings & Conventions Magazine
- 6 time recipient of the Winner of Excellence from readers of Corporate & Incentive Travel Magazine
- Among the "Best Places to Stay in the World" by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler, 1999, 2003 & 2004 Gold List Issues
- Rated "High Excellent" in all categories by Zagat Survey, 2004
- Named "Best Balcony" by the Travel Channel for the Special entitled "The Best of the Big Easy" 2003
- Voted "Best of the South" by the readers of Meetings South Magazine
- Recipient of the Planners Choice Award by the readers of Meeting News Magazine for excellence in meeting service and facilities
Rebecca Shaffer, WinField Solutions
"Thanks you so much from the bottom of my heart for making our event the best! You are wonderful as is your staff. The food was unbelievable, thanks to Chef Pete."
David Risinger, Aqua Vista Studios
"I needed to hold an impromptu meeting during a recent trip to New Orleans and within the hour your office offered us the conference room upstairs — which is not only impressive — but well beyond our expectations. I have been a loyal customer of the Royal Sonesta for years — for reasons you and your staff reinforced that important day. So thank you and your staff from a weary traveller who likes to think of the Sonesta as a very soft landing while I am away from home."
Cathy Zarkin, ABC Television Network
"I just wanted to thank you for all of your help with my ABC Family guests at Jazz Fest. Everyone had a wonderful experience and I appreciate all of your hard work."
Joe Graves, Sigma Stretch Film
"I wanted to let you know we had a great experience at the Royal Sonesta. The location is second to none and the staff was extremely helpful in every way. The food we had for lunch was as good as any we ate while in New Orleans, You can be sure that I will recommend your hotel to anyone staying in New Orleans."
Debbie Curtis, Benjamin Moore
"I wanted to thank you for such a wonderful event that you helped make happen for us. Your team and you are top quality."
Margaret Cameron, Professional Landmen's Association of Louisiana
"With your customary efficiency and expertise, the luncheon today proved to be another excellent affair. The menu selected was first class. The food was very, very good and beautifully presented. Consensus of opinion was that the menu was excellent. We will be back!"
Donna M. Montero, Administrative Assistant, Miller Brewing Company
"Now that the craziness of Mardi Gras is over, I just wanted to take a few minutes to THANK YOU so much. Our event was a total success & that was because of you. Your professionalism, compassion & attention to detail truly shined through. When I was first asked to make this meeting happen, I thought I was being asked to do the impossible. But thanks to both of you & your wonderful staff, the meeting went off without a hitch. Everything was perfect & our distributors had the best time ever. I am positive another hotel could not have done such a superior job. Please pass on my gratitude to all members of your staff. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!"