The Royal Sonesta Chicago Riverfront encourages planners to outline a preliminary program at the initial contract signing phase. Upon receipt of said contract, our Conference Management Department will send a letter of introduction to the appropriate person providing contact information and a detailed description of our services. This team approach will ensure that every detail is covered. We invite the planner to contact the hotel at any time prior to arrival. A member of our Conference Management team will make an initial telephone call approximately 60 days prior to the group's arrival. At that time, discussion will begin about a specific itinerary of activities and the location of meetings and functions.
Once the hotel receives a tentative itinerary, we will send a preliminary group agenda of the program. A copy of this program will be provided to all hotel departments. Final itinerary will be completed 20 days prior to arrival, so that it may be reviewed at the hotel's weekly staff meeting. Group meeting planners are requested to meet with the member of the Conference Management team prior to the arrival of the group to review all final arrangements. We recommend scheduling a pre-conference department head meeting with planners of groups exceeding 100 rooms. A post-event meeting is always scheduled at the convenience of the meeting planner in order to review any comments regarding the hotel's performance.
Contact our team for more information.
Welcome to Chicago
Location and Setting
Royal Sonesta Chicago Riverfront is an upscale hotel located on the south bank of the Chicago River in The Loop neighborhood, with meeting rooms overlooking the river and the Chicago skyline. Just a half mile walk to Millennium Park and the lakeshore, 17.5 miles from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, and 12.5 miles from Midway International Airport, the Royal Sonesta Chicago Riverfront places you at the heart of the city’s famed urban vibe and cultural and architectural icons, including:
- Magnificent Mile
- Millennium Park
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Grant Park
- Cadillac Palace Theater
- Merchandise Mart
- Auditorium Theater
- Buckingham Fountain
- Navy Pier
- Willis Tower (former Sears Tower)
- 334 guest rooms including 34 suites featuring luxurious bedding
- Complimentary high-speed internet access (Wi-Fi and wired), ISDN capabilities
- Iron and ironing board, radio, flat-screen HD-LCD television
- Two dual-line telephones, voice mail
- Laptop-size electronic safe
- Barrier free and ADA compliant rooms available
Services and Facilities
- 24-hour room service
- Sonesta Travel Pass guest loyalty program with complimentary wine reception Monday through Friday, 5:00PM - 6:00PM
- Complimentary AM car service, Monday through Friday
Meetings and Business Services
- 16,000 square feet of function space for business and social occasions accommodating up to 550 guests
- A dedicated convention services and catering team is available to handle all details
- The latest audiovisual equipment and services are available
Dining and Entertainment
- Hoyt’s American Tavern, serving thoughtfully prepared fare with locally sourced ingredients
- In-Room Dining available daily 6:30 am – 12:00 noon
Sports and Fitness
24-hour state-of-the-art fitness center
Sundries available at Concierge desk or available for purchase in the gift shop. The hotel is located within walking distance of the famed Magnificent Mile, the city’s largest shopping district and home to more than 460 upscale restaurants, departments stores and more.
- Check-in: 3:00 pm
- Check-out: 11:00 am
- Check-in Policy: Guests must be 21 years of age or older to check in.
- Room taxes: 14.45%.
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity: 120 volts
- Credit Cards accepted:
- American Express
- Diners Club
Royal Sonesta Chicago Riverfront
71 East Upper Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601