A sophisticated retreat awaits at Royal Sonesta Chicago River North. Positioned in the vibrant crossroads of Chicago’s River North neighborhood, guests are moments away from Michigan Avenue, Navy Pier, Millennium Park, and countless other premier attractions. With captivating designs, indulgent amenities, and beautiful natural light pouring in at every turn, Royal Sonesta Chicago River North exudes luxury and comfort like you’ve never experienced before
- Spectacular downtown location in Chicago River North
- Hotel restaurant and bar, serving up inventive New American cuisine, hand-crafted cocktails, and whiskeys from around the world
- 17th floor heated indoor pool and terrace
- 8000+ square feet of flexible meeting and event space
- 24-hour fitness center featuring state-of-the-art equipment
- Travel Pass evening wine reception
- Steps from iconic attractions including Michigan Avenue, Navy Pier and Millennium Park
- Pet friendly
Stay Safe with Sonesta
Please note, for the health & safety of our guests and team members, Sonesta hotels require guests to wear face coverings in all indoor public areas.
In each of our spacious guest rooms and suites, your comfort is our utmost priority. Enjoy generous in-room amenities against an earthy color palette, impressive natural light, and unique artwork inspired by the Chicago World’s Fair. Begin each day refreshed.
- 261 tastefully appointed guest rooms and suites featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and unrivaled city views
- Designer furnishings and other fine appointments
- Full-sized business-friendly desk
- Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet
- In-room spa services available
- Complimentary morning coffee + tea service
- Mobility/hearing accessible rooms available
Check-in time is 3:00PM. Check out time is 12:00PM. Early check-in is by request only and not guaranteed. Late check-out must be coordinated with the hotel, as available. A valid credit card is required at check-in.
MINIMUM CHECK-IN AGE
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check into hotel.
Royal Sonesta Chicago River North is a non-smoking property. There is a $250 fine for violation of the smoking policy.
Our hotel is dog-friendly. Please click here for information on our dog policy.
Maintain balance with our 24-hour fitness center providing delightful distracting city views.
Open Now: 6am-9pm
Our heated pool, majestically perched on the 17th floor and open year-round, offers refreshing Chicago skyline views as well as a rooftop sundeck, reserved exclusively for guests.
For the safety of our guests, capacity is limited and reservations are required. Please reach out to our Front Desk to check availability during your stay: 312.755.9703
Our Front Office can fully assist you with your business needs. We also have an ATM located on the 5th Floor.
We do not have a shuttle associated with the hotel. Go Airport Express is an option that is associated with the airport and should be booked 24hours in advance. You can reach them at 773.247.1200.
Illinois and State Street.
Overnight Valet Parking is available at $64 from time of arrival to 2PM the following day.
Hourly parking rates are:
- 0-3 Hours - $26
- 3-6 Hours - $36
- 6-12 Hours - $44
- 12-24 Hours - $64
Dining at the hotel? Validated parking is $18 for up to 3 hours.
Hotel restaurant and bar offers inventive, New American sharable dishes highlighting bold flavors and seasonal, sustainable ingredients. Behind the bar, discover hand-cut artisanal ice, Whiskeys from around the world, and an impeccable craft cocktail list. The chic decor and cozy, gastro-lounge ambiance make for a memorable dining experience every time.In room dining: Enjoy 24-hour room service from the comfort of your guest room or suite.
- Select from ten meeting and event spaces, plus corridor and pre-function areas, which offer over 8000 square feet of sophisticated space and can host 10 to 230 guests in executive or elegant style.
- The grand Gallery Ballroom and 17th Floor Fresco Terrace offer some of Chicago’s most impressive event spaces with unparalleled downtown views
- State-of-the-art audio/visual capabilities including wireless high-speed Internet
- Distinctive catering
Sonesta Travel Pass
Sonesta Travel Pass is our guest rewards program that gives you perks, points, privileges and exclusives on top of the warm, friendly service and little extras you'll find at any Sonesta — to make each stay even more rewarding.
Already a member?
Points of Interest
- Chicago Riverwalk
- Chicago Children’s Museum
- River North Dining & Nightlife
- Magnificent Mile
- Navy Pier
- John Hancock Building
- Oak Street Beach
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Millennium Park
- Grant Park
- Shedd Aquarium
- Soldier Field
We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and to accommodate the needs of our guests with disabilities. Please contact the hotel if you have any special requests relating to your disability.
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check out: 12:00PM noon
- Guest must be 21 years or over to check-in
- Tax: 17.4%
- Credit Cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Diners Club and JCB accepted.
- Currency: US Dollar
- Electricity: 120 volts
Royal Sonesta Chicago River North
505 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60654