Understanding that severe weather events may cause changes to travel plans, we offer our Hurricane Policy valid through November 30, 2021 for Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino and Spa and Sonesta Ocean Point Resort.
In the event that there is a Hurricane Warning for a Category 1 or higher (as defined by the U.S. National Weather Service) for Sint Maarten:
- For guests that opt to cancel reservations within 48 hours of arrival, penalties will be waived.
- Guests who are unable to arrive due to cancellation of flights or airport closure will be able to arrive on a later date with the following options:
- Arrive on first available flights after the storm and simply take the same number of nights confirmed at the same rate (based on room availability), or stay until your original departure date, being charged only for used nights
- Rebook – we will honor the reserved rate through December 23, 2021, based on availability.
- Cancel according to the cancellation policy of the reservation
- For guests that are in house and opt to depart early, penalties will be waived, and guests will receive a credit for travel up to one year for the number of nights interrupted.
- Guests who are unable to depart due to airport closures/flight cancelations will be offered distressed rates based on resorts availability, to be paid directly at the hotel, or have the option to have their travel agent extend the rate originally booked.
If you have products and services provided by third-party suppliers included in your vacation, such as airline tickets, car rentals or vacation insurance, you will continue to be responsible for any non-refundable payments, cancellation or change fees assessed by those suppliers.
The safety and well-being of our guests is of the utmost importance. Should there be an emergency at the resorts, be assured the management and staff have the training, resources, and experience to enable them to weather any storm.
On behalf of all of us at Sonesta Resorts Sint Maarten, we wish you safe travels!