Published Date: Monday, October 28, 2019
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island Hosting An Array of Fun Events for Local Residents through the End of the Year
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC (October 2019) – Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island is hosting an array of fun events of great appeal to local residents this fall and through the holiday season. Among the festivities at the AAA Four Diamond-rated beachfront resort are:
- Now – October 31, 2019 – Due to its popularity during the summer, Sonesta Scoops Ice Cream Shoppe – which serves delicious locally crafted ice cream and where you can build your own ice cream sundae with unlimited toppings -- is open daily (except Fridays), from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. (All of the resort’s dining options are open to resort guests and area residents.)
- Every Friday night – A Hilton Head Island tradition of more than 25 years, the resort’s popular Friday Night Seafood Buffet is offered every Friday night from 5 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Options include Peel & Eat Shrimp, Oysters on the Half Shell, Carved Prime Rib and a wide selection of fresh and local seafood entrées from which to choose. The buffet is $32.95 per adult and you can add on all you can eat crab legs for an additional $17.95, and for children ages 6-12 $19.95 and 2-5 $12.95. For reservations or more information, call 843.341.1850.
- Friday nights through October 31, 2019 – The resort is featuring “Chocolate Indulgence” every Friday night from 8 p.m.-10 p.m. in the lobby, with a delectable assortment of chocolate confections available for purchase. Bayley’s Bar and Terrace in the lobby also features live music every Friday night from 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. For information, call 843.341.1850.
- October 1-31, 2019 – The resort is hosting a variety of unique “Think Pink” initiatives to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month and to raise funds for the Susan G. Komen® Foundation. This includes:
- Delicious “Think Pink Specialty Cocktails” at the resort’s Heyward’s Restaurant, Seacrest Terrace & Patio, Bayley’s Bar and Terrace, and Sweet Cane Bar and Grille. Concoctions include: “Mama Raspberry” (featuring vanilla rum, raspberry soaked in Triple Sec, soda, garnished with mint & lime); the fruity “Cherry Collins” (Bombay Sapphire gin, luxardo, cherry liqueur, sour mix and a splash of luxardo cherry juice); and the tasty “Pink Dolphin” (cherry vodka, splash of Chambord, splash of cranberry juice and soda). There also is a featured a Dessertini, “Tropical Kiss”, with banana rum, banana cream rum, and muddled strawberries. Throughout October, $1 for each of these drinks sold will be donated to the foundation.
- An honorary “Think Pink Table” at Heyward’s Restaurant, with a pink tablecloth, pink rose and pink champagne. Guests seated at the table for lunch or dinner in October will have 10% of their total bill donated to the Susan G. Komen® Foundation.
- “Think Pink Manicures and Pedicures” at the resort’s full-service Arum Spa, with 10% of the cost going to the foundation.
- A “Think Pink Package” for a stay at the resort, with a $20 donation per stay going to the Susan G. Komen® Foundation.
- Special pink-branded Sonesta items will be sold at Sonesta’s Pearls Market gift shop, with 10% of all of these sales going to the foundation.
- Pink lighting at the resort’s entrance, and pink flowers on display throughout the lobby.
For additional information on the resort’s “Think Pink” initiatives, contact the resort at 843.842.2400. To book the “Think Pink Package” for a stay at the resort, visit Sonesta.com/HiltonHeadIsland or contact the resort at 843.842.2400.
- Wednesday, October 30 and Thursday, October 31, 2019 -- The 6th Annual “Bob Masteller’s Jazz For All Ages” jazz festival will be held in the resort’s Santee Ballroom, each night from 6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. The festival will benefit The Junior Jazz Foundation. This year’s festival will feature “Straighten Up and Fly Right: A Centennial Celebration of Nat King Cole” on Wednesday, October 30th, 2019; and the Deas Guys Orchestra on Thursday, October 31st, 2019. VIP tickets are $100 per person, per night. General admission tickets are $40 per person, per night. For information or tickets, visit jazzforallages.com or call 843.842.8620. For hotel accommodations, visit Sonesta.com/HiltonHeadIsland or contact the resort directly at 843.842.2400.
- Thursday, November 21 – Sunday, December 8, 2019 – The resort is again hosting the popular “Festival of Trees,” where area residents are invited to see a spectacular display of beautifully decorated and creatively-themed Christmas trees and wreaths in all sizes and colors filling the resort. During the two-week display, attendees will have the opportunity to purchase the trees and wreaths, which have been decorated by local businesses, organizations and school children. Admission to view the trees is complimentary. Proceeds from the sale of the trees and wreaths will benefit the Hilton Head Preparatory School Tuition Assistance Program for local students. For information, call 843.341.1850.
- Thursday, November 28, 2019 – The resort will host its expansive “Thanksgiving Day Buffet” from 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. The contemporary Lowcountry-inspired buffet will be filled with traditional Southern dishes, delectable desserts, and also will feature a children’s buffet. The cost for brunch is $54.95 for adults, $26.95 for children ages 6-12, or $10.95 for kids ages 2-5. For reservations, call 843.341.1850.
- Sunday, December 1, 2019 – The resort’s full-service Arum Spa will host the “Arum Spa Open House: A Sweet Spa’liday” from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Free to the public. Swag bags, mini spa treatments, lavender-infused champagne, dessert bar, and the ability to register to win an Arum Signature Spa Day. Call 843.341.2786 for more information.
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island is located at 130 Shipyard Drive on Hilton Head Island. Self-parking is complimentary (based on space availability), and valet parking also is available. For more information or hotel reservations, visit Sonesta.com/HiltonHeadIsland or contact the resort directly at 843.842.2400. Also, follow the resort on social: Facebook (SonestaHiltonHeadIsland), Instagram (@SonestaHHI) or Twitter (@SonestaHHI).