Discover things to do in Panama near the Royal Sonesta Hotel & Casino!
Offering an exceptional location in the vibrant heart of Panama’s business district, the Sonesta Hotel & Casino is just steps from the trendy shops, restaurants, museums and theater.
From the Panama Canal Rainforest, to beautiful beaches along 1000 miles of coast on both oceans and 1,500 islands; from the Soberania National Park, and Barro Colorado Island, to Monkey Island there are many protected nature preserves available to explore in Panama. Panama also offers the opportunity to observe and interact with their seven native cultures, each with their own unique legends and traditions.
Royal Sonesta Hotel & Casino Panama is also convenient to many local restaurants in Panama which include a diverse selection from a casual meal with locals to an elegant night on the town.
Where to shop in Panama City?
• Just steps from the hotel you can enjoy shopping in Multicentro and Multiplaza Pacific malls.
• Albrook Mall is located near Curundu Nacional University and it offers a wide range of shops and entertainment, cinema, and an ice rink.
• Los Pueblos is the most famous mall in Panama City, located just 5 minutes from Tocumen International Airport, where you can find a huge variety of shops and excellent prices.
What to visit in Panama City?
• Casco Antiguo is the oldest part of Panama City founded in 1673 where you can enjoy the colonial architecture, experience delicious restaurants and shop for native crafts.
• Amador Walkway is the perfect site to have a relaxing walk, bicycle or roller-skate. You can also have a very romantic dinner overlooking the canal.
• Cerro Ancon overlooks Panama City, offering panoramic views. A jungle in an urban area, you can see sloths, white-nosed coati, nine-banded armadillos, Geoffroy's tamarin and deer in the wild.
• Contemporary Art Museum of Panama is located downtown and it is the only one of the country.
What to visit just outside Panama City?
• Miraflores Lock is one of the three locks of Panama Canal. A visitor center allow you to take a look at its operations.
• Metropolitan National Park is just 15 minutes north of Panama City. It offers facilities for cultural activities, outdoor recreation, sports, and other activities related to nature.
• Canopy Tower is an eco-park just 30 minutes from Panama City and is perfect for bird watchers and nature lovers.