Sonesta Resort is located on the South end of Hilton Head Island, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. This beautifully landscaped AAA 4-Diamond resort offers a wonderful escape with onsite pool and beach, and nearby golf and tennis. Located just 45 miles from Savannah, in an area surrounded by outdoor recreation, shopping and fine dining.
Guest Rooms and Suites
- 340 guest rooms featuring luxurious bedding (331 rooms + 9 suites) with a variety of view types
- High-speed internet access
- Telephones with voicemail
- Internet ready Smart TV
- Electronic safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Keurig coffee maker
- Small refrigerator
- Private balcony/patio
- ADA compliant rooms
- Check-in: 4:00 p.m. Check-out: 12 noon
- A daily $20 Resort Facilities Fee and $2 Destination Fee will be applied to each room night reserved
Dining and Entertainment
- Heyward’s Restaurant offers breakfast and dinner as the premier resort dining option
- Seacrest Terrace and Patio offers a more casual option for lunch and dinner serving the island's best seafood
- Bayley’s Bar and Terrace located in the lobby serves coffee and pastries by day and cocktails and appetizers in the evening
- An extensive in-room dining menu provides the opportunity to relax in your room or on your private balcony overlooking the beautiful landscaping
Services and Activities
- Outdoor and shade swimming pools, hot tub & sundeck
- Children’s water feature
- Pearls Market Gift Shop
- 24-hour fitness center
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour In Room Dining featuring a limited late night menu
- On-site bicycle rentals
- Complimentary shuttle within Shipyard Plantation
- Complimentary shuttle to Coligny (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
- High-speed internet access
- Extensive parking, both self and valet
- Arum Spa on site
- On site dining options
- Just Us Kids (Seasonal)
- Gooch Art Gallery (Savannah Ballroom)
Meetings and Events
- 23,000 square feet of function space
- Santee Ballroom with 10,000 square feet
- Oceanfront Pavilion with 7,000 square feet
- Facilities to accommodate up to 800 guests
- A dedicated convention services/catering team
- High speed internet & audio-visual equipment
Thank you for choosing the Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island. We look forward to your visit and would like to extend a very warm welcome. At the Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island, it is our mission to provide an authentic island experience to all guests. In order for us to deliver our promise, please follow our etiquette guidelines listed below.
- Smoking is permitted only in the designated smoking areas. When smoking in a guest room, a $250 cleaning fee will be charged to your guest room bill.
- Cooking on grills and cook tops are not permitted on the beach, nor on the resort premises.
- Cover ups should be worn in our lobby and restaurants. Footwear is required at all times.
- Coolers are not permitted on the pool deck. Food consumption utilizing our restaurant and pool tables is limited to items purchased from the resort.
- Items left on the pool chair for an extended amount of time will be removed by our security team. Please refrain from saving pool chairs so other guests have the opportunity to relax by the pool.
- For safety reasons, items should not be hung on balcony railings. Please contact Housekeeping for additional hangers if needed.
- Bike racks are available in the front of the building as well as Just Us Kids. Storing your bike in your room is not permitted.
- Dogs under 35 lbs only are allowed in the resort. Accommodations for guests traveling with dogs are designated on the first floor of the resort. Pets are not allowed in public areas. A $150 cleaning fee will be charged to your room during your stay. Pet waste stations are located near the patio of the designated pet rooms.
- Parking is permitted only in the designated resort parking space. Please refrain from parking in the Shipyard Beach Access road to avoid having your vehicle towed.