Guayaquil is a city that combines a rich history and exciting new attractions seamlessly. The largest city in Ecuador, Guayaquil offers wonderful museums, public parks, shopping and nightlife. Here are some attractions located near the hotel.
- Malecón 2000 is an urban park on the Simón Bolívar Pier overlooking the Guayas River and home of the school ship Guayas as well as many historical monuments.
- The Mercado Artesanal is the largest artisan market in the city offering 240-shops.
- Parque Centenario is one of the largest parks in down town and is located in the main boulevard in Guayaquil.
- There are many churches in Guayaquil such as “La Merced” and “San Francisco”. There is also a beautiful cemetery full of art and is known as "White City".
- The Botanical Gardens are situated on a hill overlooking the Guayas and Daule rivers.
- The Parque Seminario located in front of the Cathedral, is also known as Parque de Las Iguanas or Iguana Park, is home of many tame iguanas.
- The old district “Las Peñas” is the artistic center of the city with old houses converted into art galleries and studios and visitors can get an impression of the old, picturesque colonial Guayaquil. It is located in Santa Ana's foothill, here is where Guayaquil was born.