This is a tropical city that offers multiple attractions for tourists to visit:
- The historic walled city of Cartagena is a UNESCO World Heritage Site offering 300 year old Spanish colonial buildings and medieval streets encircled by two miles of stone walls.
- The Castillo de San Felipe is a 17th Century fort overlooking the harbor.
- The Gold Museum offers valuable pre-Colombian gold artifacts and some of the oldest ceramics in the Americas.
- Inquisition Palace, located in the Plaza Bolivar, reviews the history of the Inquisition.
- The Church and Monastery of San Pedro Claver was built by Jesuits at the end of the 16th Century.
- The Museum of Modern Art is located in the Plaza de San Pedro Claver.
- The beach near the hotel offers a spectacular Caribbean view and opportunities to take a boat to one of the offshore islands for the day.