Don't Miss The Top Ten Adventures in Cairo
1. Watch the Sound and Light show at the Pyramids (45 minutes).
2. Visit the Cairo Museum to see Egypt’s ancient mummies and treasures from King Tut.
3. Take a camel ride at the Pyramid of Cheops (Khufu) and take a picture of the Great Sphinx.
4. Stroll through Khan el-Khalili Bazaar and barter with the venders. This marketplace is Cairo’s biggest market and offers handmade crafts, copper and brassware, glassware, gold and silver, leather, and inlaid boxes.
5. Have lunch at the top of Cairo Tower. Cairo Tower is 600 feet above the city and has breathtaking views.
6. Take a tour through Islamic Cairo and see the Mosque and Madrasa of Sultan Hassan. Don’t forget to dress appropriately.
7. Visit the Citadel, which has excellent walking tours and views of Cairo. You might be able to see the pyramids at a distance! Ask about the Sufi dancers that play drums and entertain three nights a week.
8. Enjoy an entertainment venue at the Cairo Opera Company or catch an Arabic music or belly-dancing concert.
9. Go horseback riding or jeep-driving through Cairo’s desert to escape the noise of the city.
10. Rent a Felucca and sail down the Nile and enjoy drinks at sunset.