1. Visit the Colonial Plaza.
2. Bathe in the Hurtado River.
3. Hike in the forested Los Besotes Ecopark.
4 . Visit the nearby historic village of La Mina for indigenous crafts.
5. Bathe in the river Guatapurí.
6. Shop at the Exito supermarket, is a huge superstore offering everything from clothes to electrical articles to fresh fruit and vegetables.
7. Go for a walk through the Vida Silvestre Reserve.
8. Enjoy the Festival of the Vallenato Legend on April.
9. Explore the mountain area of the “Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta”.
10. Have drinks at La Iguana.