Honeymoon's & Anniversaries
New Orleans is undeniably one of the most romantic destinations in the country, and is the ideal location for the perfect honeymoon. The Royal Sonesta is the perfect place to start your life together or to rekindle your romance by celebrating your anniversary. We have a variety of suites that are perfect for that special evening, as well as VIP services such as European Turndown with Champagne, rose petals and votive candles.
Stroll arm in arm through the narrow, quaint streets of the French Quarter … Dine at one of the many gourmet restaurants and cafés by candlelight… Listen to great music - only in New Orleans can you and your love enjoy these delightful experiences together!
Here are some of the endless romantic things to do in New Orleans:
- Ride a carriage under the moonlight through the French Quarter
- Savor chicory coffee and beignets at Café du Monde
- Sneak a kiss while overlooking the Mississippi River from many of the city’s vantage points
- Ride the St. Charles Streetcar to the city’s Garden District
- Sip late-night drinks in an intimate lounge
- Spend an afternoon at the Audubon Park and Zoo
- Explore the mansions on St. Charles Avenue
- Visit the Voodoo Spiritual Temple for love potions and predictions by the voodoo priestess
- Sail on Lake Pontchartrain or just relax on shore and enjoy the sunset
- Drink a Hurricane in Pat O’Brien’s Fountain Courtyard
- Sip a Mint Julep on a Royal Sonesta balcony, overlooking Bourbon Street
- Stroll through City Park’s lovely Botanical Garden
- Dine, socialize and smell the jasmine in one of the beautiful French Quarter courtyards
- Sip a Pear Flower Martini and listen to authentic live Jazz every night of the week at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse, located on our lobby level.