Effectively manage, train and support central reservation department. Be responsible for all reservation procedures, reservations agents conduct and to ensure smooth and professional operation of the department, while maximizing the resorts revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Implement reservations procedures, and maximise conversion ratios in order to achieve targets for the department.
- Assure department performs in lines of budget and make necessary adjustments.
- Approve employee work hours and schedule in line with budget and according to business needs.
- Set and lead to achieve reservations department monthly revenue targets .
- Implement and conduct reservation trainings and procedures on relevant topics to improve performance. Monitor performance and give feedback according to established standards.
- Hold daily briefings with all team members on day to day subjects.
- Establish and implement daily check list of work procedures.
- Train and supervise reservation agents for the efficient operation of the department.
- Provide weekly reporting on department and individual agent performance.
- Ensure Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques and billing procedures.
- To manage employee reward program
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings to disseminate pertinent information.
- Attend other hotel meetings as deemed necessary.
- Recruiting, managing, evaluating and developing the reservation team on regular basis as per company guidelines.
- Review daily arrivals, including VIP reservations, packages, room assignments and communicate to relevant departments
- Communicate with employees both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work.
- Perform daily room type availability reconsolidations and report close outs.
- Manage third party sites and agents to assure rates, availability are properly implemented and entered.
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments’ adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and All Inclusive concept.
- Maintain guest and company profiles, daily arrivals and guest requests.
- Reconcile general room availabilities and restrictions
- Build strong relationships with customers, Guests and Team Members in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively
- Participate in the organization of hotel promotional activities.
- Work closely with Director of Revenue to maximize occupancy levels by reviewing and following revenue and pricing strategies.
- Implement and monitor all loyalty programs to include Sonesta Travel Pass Recognition Program
- Implement and monitor all promotions/specials as directed by Director of Revenue
- Check and control room reservations ensuring accuracy of rate, room type and availability.
- Ensure cancellations and no show reservations are charged accordingly.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in hospitality, from which 2 years experience in Management position (revenue, sales or reservation/call center)
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate a high-performing team positioned to exceed targets.
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges.
- Knowledge of reservations 2 way interface functionalities, CRS and PMS system.
- Fluent in English-must have excellent written and communication English skills.
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Accountable and resilient
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Relevant education-degree in hotel management or business administration
- Positive, professional, motivating personality with great leadership skills
- Able and willing to work flexible hours/days as operation requires
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Eliska Hesova at email@example.com