101 Things to Do in St Martin/St Maarten
St Maarten thrills
- Watch amazing 747 landings and take-offs at Maho Beach.
- Fly through the trees at Loterie Farm’s Fly Zone canopy ride made of zip lines and tree obstacles that take about one-and-a-half hours to complete.
- Taste the thrill of racing on the America's Cup Yacht "Stars & Stripes".
- Celebrate St. Maarten Carnival every year in late April/Early May!
- Fly through the water in an authentic offshore racing catamaran the "Thriller"
- Experience the wonders of our coral reefs with mask, snorkel and fins.
- Glide over coral reefs in a kayak.
- Captain your own inflatable craft on St. Maarten's best new adventure.
- Get up close and personal with a 100 lb. marlin on your charter fishing expedition.
- A day in paradise - enjoy the scenic ferry ride to Anguilla, snorkel the reefs of Sandy Island, then off to Dolphin Fantasies Park to swim with dolphins.
- Go horseback riding along the beach.
- Experience the wonders under the waves in air-conditioned comfort on a semi-submarine.
- Test your technique with a water skiing lesson.
- Dash through turquoise waters on a jet ski.
- Have the need for speed? Try kite surfing!
- Join us in March for one of sailboat racing's best events, The Heineken Regatta.
- Get a bird's eye view of St. Maarten while parasailing.
- Free fall at 150 miles per hour skydiving and take in the incredible views of Orient Bay and Grand Case.
- Rent a sunfish and conquer your own island.
- Add a little vibration to your vacation. Rent a Harley!
Feel the breeze whisk you away on your windsurf board.
St Maarten Nightlife/Dining
- Dine under the stars at our Palms Grill Restaurant.
- Dance the night away at Tantra Nightclub & Sanctuary in the Maho Promenade, St. Maarten's hottest nightclub.
- Savor a gourmet meal at our award-winning Point Restaurant.
- Take a dinner cruise on a 63 ft. catamaran.
- Try your luck at our 400 slot machines at Casino Royale.
- Stuff yourself with our sumptuous buffet breakfast at the Ocean Terrace Restaurant.
- Enjoy the nightlife of the Maho Village.
- Ask our concierge which of the 300 island-wide restaurants you may like!
- Visit the nearby Bliss nightclub for pop beats and cocktails.
- Go around the world without ever leaving the hotel: discover a new theme dinner every night in our Ocean Terrace Restaurant.
- Tired of the pub-crawl? Try St. Maarten's unique evening sail cruise crawl!
Groove to the Maho Promenade’s nightly street carnival.
St Maarten Relaxing
- Feel the sand slip between your toes on our white-sand beaches.
- Drink your favorite frozen drink on your lounge chair overlooking the ocean.
- Party during happy hour at our swim-up bar.
- Relax with lunch and ice cream sundaes by the pool.
- Rejuvenate at our Serenity Spa, St. Maarten's best!
- Sit on your private balcony and enjoy the cool sea breeze.
- Read a book under an umbrella and take a nap.
- Sit in our Ocean Terrace atrium and get caught up with your complimentary copy of the "Miami Herald".
- Soak up the sun on one of St. Maarten's 37 beautiful beaches.
- Enjoy your vacation - access our high-speed Internet and turn on your "Out-Of-Office" Assistant.
- Sleep 'til noon. You're on vacation!
- Bring your sunglasses. Our weather is beautiful!
- Try Sunrise Yoga on our beach.
- Try to decide which of our two freshwater pools you'll want to use today.
- Treat yourself to fine rum and Cuban cigars in our lobby bar.
- Sip Guavaberry coladas, a St. Maarten favorite, by the pool.
- Don't sweat the small stuff. Take time to enjoy our sauna …
- Watch one of the world's best sunsets from the Sunset Beach Bar on Maho Beach.
- Stay for seven days and have a drink in a different bar at the Sonesta Maho every day.
- Stand under the waterfall at our Sky Tower pool.
- Rest your weary shopping feet and relax with a cappuccino at a sidewalk café.
Don't bring your laptop; send an e-mail to your friends and family about how much fun you are having from our Internet Bar.
St Maarten duty-free shopping
- Stroll the boardwalk in Phillipsburg and visit the best duty-free shopping in the Caribbean.
- Visit the Marketplace in Marigot and pick up some local crafts, spices and souvenirs.
- Don't want to leave the property? Discover the 40 boutique stores in the Sonesta Maho Village.
Use your US Dollar everywhere.
St Martin/St Maarten sightseeing
- Get the best view of St. Maarten's homes of the rich and famous aboard the "Random-ly".
- View the Caribbean at the best spot on top of Cole Hill Bay and view the islands of Anguilla, St. Kitts and Nevis.
- See the Caribbean and American tropics come alive at St. Maarten Park.
- Swim between two countries at Oyster Pond.
- Climb Mt. Concordia and be at the spot where the treaty was signed that enabled a 350-year peaceful coexistence between the French and Dutch cultures.
- At the Butterfly Farm, watch with amazement as butterflies emerge from their chrysalis, taking their first flight.
- Take a walking tour around the island.
- Enjoy St. Maarten by land and sea on the exclusive Duckboat Tour.
- View coral reefs teeming with life aboard a glass bottom boat.
- Wander over to Wathey Square, built in 1793, which served as St. Maarten's firehouse, town hall and jail.
- Hike along the beach and dunes.
- Take a short ferry ride to experience St. Barts.
- Be in two countries at once, leave your right foot in St. Maarten and your left foot in St. Martin.
- Experience history: climb to the top of Fort Louis and enjoy commanding views of Marigot.
- Immerse yourself in two cultures on one island – Dutch and French.
- View the remains of the shipwreck HMS Proselyte at the St. Maarten Museum.
- Take a picture at the top of the world on Pic Paradis.
- Chat with a native and discover why they call St. Maarten the friendly island.
- Rent a Jeep at the hotel and explore the island on your own.
- Arawak Museum - learn about the island’s pre-Columbian times in Marigot's museum.
Taste locally made Guavaberry rums and liqueurs at the Guavaberry Emporium on Front Street in Philipsburg.
St Maarten Romance
- Walk along the boardwalk on a moonlit night with your sweetheart.
- A couples’ massage at the Serenity Spa – a prelude to a romantic evening.
- Discover a hidden beach and claim it for your own.
- Rejuvenate your marriage: Hire one of our babysitters and dance the night away.
- Indulge in a champagne sunset sail aboard a catamaran.
- Get married! There are so many romantic locations and full-service staff to make your dream come true…
Plan a surprise in-room dinner by candlelight.
St Maarten Sports
- Play tennis on one of our four tennis courts.
- Body surf in the warm Caribbean waves.
- Hike down from the top of the world at Pic Paradis.
- Enjoy the beauty of St. Maarten on your own, via paved roads and trails on a mountain bike.
- Play a round of golf at Mullet Bay Golf Course.
Take advantage of our complimentary fitness center with 30 stations including 13 cardio.
St Maarten Family activities
- Drop the kids off at our Kids Club for fun-filled activities.
- Loterie Farm’s “Little Tarzan” zip line course for ages 8 and up, with watchful instructors and safety equipment.
- Take your children to experience the Caribbean's best playground on water - "Swing, Slide & Splash Boat".
- Take a bus ride around the island.
- Build sand castles with your children.
- Waiting for Mom to get ready for dinner? Try our in-room video game system.
- Sailing Lessons: The large Simpson Bay Lagoon with its protected and calm waters is the ideal body of water to teach sailing to children. Budget Marine operates a fleet of 24ft boats, but there are also Optimists for rent.
- Pony rides at the Bayside Riding Club are available for small children.