Don't Miss the Top Ten Adventures around Lake Titicaca
1. Visit the historic Yavari boat (built in England in 1862), docked at the hotel’s pier.
2. Take a boat ride on Lake Titicaca to the floating reed islands of the Uros people. The inhabitants still practice the old traditions of fishing, trapping birds, and living on lake plants.
3. Tour the nearby Sillustani “chullpas” located on the way to the Juliaca airport.
4. Visit and hike around Taquile Island to get a feel for the culture. Taquile is a native community of approximately 350 families still living in the traditions of the 14th century.
5. Visit Amantani Island and walk to the top of the island to see the ancient religious center that is still used by the community to worship their gods.
6. Tour the Cathedral, located in the Main Square, with an altar made of marble.
7. Stroll through the Indian Market near the railway track with local produce and crafts.
8. Visit a local farm to see traditional farming culture around Lake Titicaca.
9. Take a cruise on the traditional totora reed boats.
10. Try a local dish (Alpaca) at the Inkafe Restaurant, in the Sonesta Posada.