Don't Miss The Top Adventures in St. Maarten
- Learn to scuba dive! Sonesta Great Bay’s expert staff teaches PADI certification in-house, then takes to the sea for a guided dive or shark dive excursion.
- Race the seas with a lesson on the America's Cup Yacht "Stars & Stripes".
- Take a ferry ride to Anguilla, snorkel the reefs of Sandy Island.
- Go on a charter fishing expedition to fish for marlin.
- Dare to fly through Loterie Farm’s Fly Zone canopy ride of zip lines and tree obstacles.
- Day trips to secluded Pinel & Tintamarre islands, departing right from Sonesta Great Bay – bring a towel and your favorite book.
- Enjoy cocktails and conversation in the pool at the swim-up bar.
- Visit one of St. Maarten's 37 pristine beaches and soak in the sun.
- Melt away in one of two whirlpool tubs at Sonesta Great Bay.
- Walk to Philipsburg, a 10-minute walk from the resort, and enjoy the shops, restaurants, entertainment, and historical attractions.
- At the Butterfly Farm, watch with amazement as butterflies emerge from their chrysalis, taking their first flight.
- Take a picture at the top of the world on Pic Paradis.
- Experience history: climb to the top of Fort Louis and enjoy commanding views of Marigot.
- Hop a short ferry ride to St. Barts and explore this neighboring island.
- Just steps away is the boardwalk in Phillipsburg with the Caribbean’s best duty-free shopping.
- Take a trip to Marigot and shop for crafts and souvenirs at the marketplace.
- No currency exchanges - the US Dollar is accepted everywhere.
- Grab a souvenir or extra sunscreen at Sonesta Great Bay’s Shipwreck Shop.
- Visit the Guavaberry Emporium on Front Street for free tastings of locally made rums and liqueurs.
Dining & Nightlife
- Dine at the upscale hotel restaurants: enjoy local cuisine at Molasses and Italian cuisine at The Waterfront Café and Pizzeria
- Gamble at Golden Casino or visit the Casino Royale (the island’s largest casino) and Tantra Nightclub & Sanctuary at the Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino.
- Set sail on a dinner cruise by sunset on a 63 ft. catamaran.
- Stroll along the boardwalk by moonlight with your sweetheart.
- Outdoor barbeques featuring live entertainment, every Monday night at Sonesta Great Bay.