Join the Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans for an authentic New Orleans holiday this year. Plans include:
* The 6th Annual Lighting of the Balconies, an official kick-off of the Holiday Season in the French Quarter, takes place at the Royal Sonesta Hotel on Thursday December 1st. In traditional New Orleans style, the event includes a traditional 2nd-Line parade with brass band, gospel choir performances, and members of the New Orleans Saintsations. Event is free and open to the public;
* Royal Teddy Bear Teas take place from Friday December 16th through Friday December 23rd. The Teas are the perfect family holiday experience. Mr. and Mrs Claus, Rudolph, Frosty and many holiday characters come to life for children of all ages. Morning and afternoon tea-seatings available. Reservations required;
* Special Papa Noel rates make a New Orleans holiday experience special. Rates begin at only $119 per night for weekdays and $169 per night for weekends. Offered November 26th through December 29th;
* Royal Teddy Bear Ornaments give back to the community. Each year the RSH commissions a local artist to create signed and numbered original works of art to collect or give as gifts. Proceeds support Children's Hospital of New Orleans.
* Special holiday performances by local school choirs take place M-F in the elegant RSH Main Lobby. A tour of the elaborate holiday decor is a MUST for both visitors and locals.