Sonesta Bayfront Hotel Coconut Grove has received the One Palm designation from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and has implemented over 20 green initiatives including water conservation, recycling, waste reduction and energy management. Here is an overview of some:
GUEST ROOM PROGRAMS
- Guest room lighting now utilize energy efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs (cfl).
- To reduce water consumption, low-flow faucets, showerheads and toilets were installed.
- Water efficient washing machines as well as Energy Star rated kitchen appliances are available to guests in suite accommodations.
- Guests have the option of reusing their bed linens and towels.
- Guests and staff are encouraged to participate in recycling programs for white paper, aluminum cans, plastic containers and magazines.
- Building automation systems are used to efficiently control the building’s energy consumption, coordinating HVAC, boilers, chillers and common area lighting.
- Glass, paper, aluminum cans, cardboard and ink are recycled.
- Water coolers with bottled water have been replaced by in-line filtration systems
- Hotel uses 30% post-consumer office paper and paper towels.
- Guest comment surveys are paperless, conducted via touch screen computers upon check-out.
- Bulk purchasing of post-consumer recycled products purchased whenever possible.
- Complimentary Parking for all Hybrid vehicles.