Don't Miss The Top Ten Adventures Around Bogota
- Go to La Puerta Falsa. Bogotá’s most famous snack shop, it’s been in business since 1816. Try their sticky breva candy or sit with chocolate completo (hot chocolate with cheese, buttered bread and a biscuit).
- Visit the colorful colonial neighborhood of La Candelaria. Enjoy the mix of beautifully restored old colonial homes painted in bright colors.
- Walk around the courtyard of the mid-18th century Casa de la Moneda, a museum featuring numismatic and painting collections.
- Peruse the changing exhibits of works by national and international artists at the Modern Art Museum.
- Take the cable car up Mount Monserrate and enjoy the spectacular views of Bogotá when you reach the top.
- The Museo de Oro (Gold Museum) contains a collection of pre-Columbian artifacts from indigenous cultures, including the Muisca, Nariño, Calima, and Sinú.
- Go on a relaxing walk around 93 Park and enjoy cultural activities and events, such as Opera and Jazz in the Park.
- Experience a bullfight at Plaza de Toros Santamaria. This takes place every year during January and February.
- Go on a bike ride on Bogota's Ciclovia. Every Sunday and on holidays the main streets of Bogotá, Cali, Medellín, and other municipalities offer free parking. Stages are set up in city parks and Aerobics instructors, yoga teachers and musicians lead people through various performances.